Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,after searching the site archives and reading many posts on brake pads i'm still undicided on which type/make of front brake pad should i use.

The car is a evo4 gsr with standard disks and pads.
The car doesnt go on the track but gets driven quickly (within speed limits!!).

From the archives the green stuff pads sound like a waste of time(although very cheap!)
and the DS3000 sounds like they wear the disks quickly.

what other options are there, and a rough guide on the price would be very helpfull

Thanks

Duncan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scoobynutter

I recommend Pagid pads. These are still organic so won't eat your disc, allow good modulation and still have good friction co-efficient. Depending on your use you could try the RS 4-2 blue or the RS 4-4 orange which has a higher friction co-efficient. Both have still good cold bite, aren't very dusty and due to being organic easy to clean.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MIke, I am using the 4-2's and they are awesome. What benefits/disadvantages would I get using the oranges (4-4)?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tony

the Orange pads have a higher average friction value than the blue ones. It is rotor friendly with a very foreseeable non-aggressive friction behavior (stable torque) (I extracted this from the Pagid USA website). N. Ring uses the orange ones in combination with the Movit kit and it's the dogs ######. Very consistent pedal feel, wear is more than acceptable, good modulation.
In my opinion this would be the ideal pad for you considering the power and grip of your car without sacrificing the life of the discs. Though the Movit discs are cross-drilled no cracks with these pads.

Hope you're fine, would love to come to England and watch your EVO shootout in spring

Cheers

Mike

PS: Will call RA Germany again because of the front splitter but the responsible guy is always off when I'm calling so maybe it's me!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scoobymike,
thanks for the info about the pagid pads.Would coordsport stock these or should i try another shop?

Thanks again mike,

Duncan..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Duncan

Co-Ordsport stock these pads. Or try some Mitsi rally preps they should have them in stock aswell.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Go to Pagid direct -much cheaper.

Scoobymike, thanks, heated up the blues today, so will get oranges next time! Needed to deglaze them by the trackside!

Did I tell you, I have REAR brake ducts now!!! :D :D :D - and I need em!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tonymate

good to hear that I could help you out. You're the biggest EVO nutter I know but that's what counts:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good idea about fitting rear ducts aswell. The rears are very often overlooked but they provide the balance during hard braking and get bloody hot as not airflow comes to them. After fitting the front brake kit I cooked my rear standard pads! They couldn't keep up and got very hot. Now with the very harsh RS14 it's much better but will replace this tiny toy callipers in spring.
I can already see the Ring waiting for you. The ultimate test for driver and car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scoobynutter

enjoy:) Let us know how you go on with the new pads

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Duncan,

You could also try Performance Braking (Pagid UK distributor). I bought some Pagid RS4-2s for the front of my car (not EVO) and Gill (bless her) gave them to me at trade price. Phone no. is 01600 713117.

Ian.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.