Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
need some help on which evo 6 to buy. I'm just about to buy an evo 6 but unsure which is the best and most modable, or is the evo 7 the way to go?need some sensible advice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hint : Get yourself a red Evo6 Tommi Makkinen Edition - the one with all the stickers http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

A little birdie tells me these are appreciating at a rediculous rate !!!!

Evo6TME and 7 should see the best BHP with medium tuning, but if you
want massive power (400bhp|PLS|) your going to need internals and a new
turbo anyway, doesnt really matter which evo you pick; infact you might
be better off saving a few quid and buying a 4 or 5.

Whilst we are on this subject, looks like prices of evo 5s and 6s have
risen, mint 5's are now trading for £18k , 6's £20k|PLS| !!!!

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Justin

Where did u get your last piece of info from?? i hope your right in what u say, it might appease Mrs Smudger a bit more!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
take a look at http://www.autotrader.co.uk
this gives you a very good idea of the typical prices.

4's seems to be £12-£14 , 5's £18k , 6's £20k|PLS|

I guess the less aggresive looks of the Evo7 has helped prices for 4/5/6's;
bit like the Scooby p1 now trading at silly money , partially due to the butt
ugly new shape scoob. Red TME's are atleast £28k|PLS| , I think the one remaining
new one is up for £37k !!!!

Whilst your there, key in Skyline and you will see a JUN 33V-spec with 1000bhp
for sale at £69k !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Staying off Topic for a minute - I recently bought a Black TME.

Yellow5 is right, I got a silly trade in price in for the P1, not far off what I paid for it a year earlier and the dealer told me that because the new gen Imprezas and Evo were a little tamer in the looks dept. he had just bought another TME at trade for more than he was selling to me retail.

I went for TME because there aren't many around and it's got a few extra bits than the GSR and is only a little more expensive - for now!

Oh and those seats............wow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Staying off Topic for a minute - I recently bought a Black TME.

Yellow5 is right, I got a silly trade in price in for the P1, not far off what I paid for it a year earlier and the dealer told me that because the new gen Imprezas and Evo were a little tamer in the looks dept. he had just bought another TME at trade for more than he was selling to me retail.

I went for TME because there aren't many around and it's got a few extra bits than the GSR and is only a little more expensive - for now!

Oh and those seats............wow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That skyline belongs to one of the owners of DMS design, the game company who made Grand theft Auto 3 .... it almost won teh autocar 0-100-0 challeneg a few years ago but was beaten by the stealth.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh sorry - which evo.

Well this is just me but of you want a track biased car then i reckon the main decision is to do away with ayc and amp; abs for a purer drive and ultimately make you into a better driver. so this means either a used

6 RS2
6 RS sprint
RSX
RS/RStme (which are a tad too uncompromised unless you really do want a track only motor)

or a

7 rs or rs sprint (none left to buy until June)

If you want a normal car with fast road driving (ayc is pretty useful on country lanes etc.. where you need your ass saved cos of oncoming cars and no runoff etc..) and all the comforts (me personally i hate compromised cars) then get a Mak - there are some great deals at the mo and very low mileage maks for 22-24k. If you can get a cheap 7 (25-26k) then also consider as from what i have heard they are easier to tune, bigger intercooler, wider tyres, acd and another evolution on ... you'll miss out on the looks though. If you got lotsa a money then just get the 7 extreme S on ralliarts website ... all you'll ever need probably.

all in my opinion of course

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jackal quoth:
That skyline belongs to one of the owners of DMS design, the game company who made Grand theft Auto 3 .... it almost won teh autocar 0-100-0 challeneg a few years ago but was beaten by the stealth.

That'll be Dave Jones of DMA Design :) and I've seen the beast in the flesh....yummy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts