Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Which engine oil filter is best for the Evo engine ?
Mobil 1 seems to be a good oil filter but i dont have the part number.

What are your experiences ?

Thanks

- ron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ron,
Which is it , oil or filter ?
Filter , use the Mitsubishi OEM part.

Oil , I use Redline 10w30 , 10w40 is also available if u prefer.

If u can't get this , I wud use Motul 10w30 or 10w40.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Evoboy. I am planing on changing to the Redline oils for the next service. Currently am using the Castrol RS, however looks as though Castrol are not making this anymore.

You reccommend the 10/30 or the 10/40?? I have been trying to find someone who has used these, as I am keen to know if they are all that! .....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I`ve always used Castrol RS10-60w with excellent results , never any tappet noise or oil consumption , I wouldn`t want to use any thinner oils especially for track days as high loads / heat generated would cause problems with thinner viscosity oils.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PS - I buy this in 25 ltr drums from Castrol with no problems , I`ll check with next order re long term availability

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm that is interesting....I have no problems with the RS either...I have tappet noise, not a hell of a lot, but then again they are probably a little tired http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Intersting to note that you are buying big drums of it.....I have hunted around on the Internet on Castrol's web sites and they make no mention of it....Magnatec or SLX only.... [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/sad1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > Hence my thoughts they are stopping production of it...in addition to this, it is scarce as Hens teeth to source ( at least in NZ )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
E3xtc,
Mits advise 10w30 for the E6 , I have used this for 2 oil changes now (Redline) , my car produces 340 bhp , 310 ftlb , no probs m8.

See www.redlineoil.com for full info.

Just use the grade Mits advise for yr car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts