Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have quotes on the aem and autronics both around same cost so is there any difference that should sway me to buy either thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
burgers22 said:
Hi

Why not the standard one? You can then map it yourself at very low cost.

MB
Have you got any more info on this? Is it easy to raise fuel cut, boost levels etc?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
lee4 said:
Have you got any more info on this? Is it easy to raise fuel cut, boost levels etc?
Hi

Just click on my sig. The sofware is free, you need a cable avaliable fron here, Tactrix, about $100 + shipping and tax.

Boost cut is easy to raise, but its esensial you check Air/fuel ratios. Boost can be raised but to get a sizable increase you need to adjust the size of the restrictors in the actuator boost pipes, not hard to do but needs a bit of experimenting.

You MUST have a wideband to do this properly, about $200 from the site above +shipping and tax. There is also free logging software that is an essensial tool.

Self tune is not for everyone, profesional tuning will give much faster results for most people and more backup, if things go wrong. But self tune is better for expanding your knowlage, getting to know your car and a huge amount of satisfaction. The learning curve is steep and it's best to take it slowly, but I was a total noob to this when I started and have greatly enjoyed it.

MB

·
Registered
401 Posts
burgers22 said:
Hi

Just click on my sig. The sofware is free, you need a cable avaliable fron here, Tactrix, about $100 + shipping and tax.

Boost cut is easy to raise, but its esensial you check Air/fuel ratios. Boost can be raised but to get a sizable increase you need to adjust the size of the restrictors in the actuator boost pipes, not hard to do but needs a bit of experimenting.

You MUST have a wideband to do this properly, about $200 from the site above +shipping and tax. There is also free logging software that is an essensial tool.

Self tune is not for everyone, profesional tuning will give much faster results for most people and more backup, if things go wrong. But self tune is better for expanding your knowlage, getting to know your car and a huge amount of satisfaction. The learning curve is steep and it's best to take it slowly, but I was a total noob to this when I started and have greatly enjoyed it.

MB
I have dabbled with self tune before on my 700bhp mk4 supra so have an idea. I used to use the AEM UEGO wideband for afr display. I tried to download that software and it gets so far and then says " IS NOT WINDOW LOGO VERIFIED" when configuring the open port driver :(

·
Registered
30,469 Posts
Anything from £200 to £350 there is also a laptop software that can be bought which comes with a cable for self mapping. The commander can be used though for tweaking the map.

Thanks

Antony

·
Registered
401 Posts
Anything from £200 to £350 there is also a laptop software that can be bought which comes with a cable for self mapping. The commander can be used though for tweaking the map.

Thanks

Antony
Is that all? The powerfc is full standalone isn't it? I didn't realise it was that cheap

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
lee4 said:
I have dabbled with self tune before on my 700bhp mk4 supra so have an idea. I used to use the AEM UEGO wideband for afr display. I tried to download that software and it gets so far and then says " IS NOT WINDOW LOGO VERIFIED" when configuring the open port driver :(
Hi

You'll be streets ahead of me in the tuning department then!

Don't worry about no windows logo, it just means the driver hasen't been through Microsofts testing, which most small software companys don't do. I not heard of any problems from that, gohead and install it.

MB

·
Registered
401 Posts
burgers22 said:
Hi

You'll be streets ahead of me in the tuning department then!

Don't worry about no windows logo, it just means the driver hasen't been through Microsofts testing, which most small software companys don't do. I not heard of any problems from that, gohead and install it.

MB
Thanks for that, now installed. I dont suppose you have any screen shots of the ECU read out do you. It's just so i can see what to expect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts