Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently have de-cat hks super dragger. have been told that getting a downpipe would improve driveability. thinking maybe a magnex. what do people think?
cheers.
ps where would the be the cheapest place to buy it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
get the magnex,
I've got one and it's great, cheap too compared to others, good performance too, but then I have the full Magnex catback system:D:)

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PE has a bigger internal diameter and the build quality is VERY good and it includes the turbo elbow (not sure if the Magnex does???) only problem is that the PE is about £450, whichever you go for make sure you get the turbo elbow

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be honest

Turbo elbow does not make that much differance. On tests it gave a increase of .2bar over std.
Now if it was cheaper I would go for it. But bang for buck spend it on other stuff.

hmmmmmm

£150 for magnex
£450 for PE

You takes your money and picks your choice.

Thorak

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW Coolmeister

It does not increase drivability all it does is shift the power band higher up the rev range and allows the revs to increase faster.

So it will change your driving style. I would do it but try to get in a car with a downpipe first to see differance.
Other thing is a DECAT is much cheaper and gives more power.

Thorak

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am buying the magnex, my car is already decatted, but came that way so i didnt get to experience the difference. how would one go about increasing power lower down the rev range i.e. flattening out the torque curve?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you are changing the downpipe you may as well do the elbow at the same time, will save on labour costs later on but I'd agree with both evoboy and throak (even though he smells)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as for the power band, have you seen the graphs from the PE RR day I went to? I was impressed by my curve (ooer missus) compared to the others considering what little mods I have had done

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys, dont understand how some of you are using a 3 downpipe. I was looking yesterday at my EVO VII downpipe and will be replacing it soon by a 2.5 downpipe since a 3 downpipe will not fit! I believe the standard downpipe is about 2 right? Don't know if this is a problem with other EVOs but will be happy to know if a 3 downpipe actually fits it. Please reply.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
most downpipes are 2.75 including the ones which come with the greddy turbo conversions so u wont be loosing any power by fitting one under 3 . the elbow only gives marginal gains IMHO and where it would give most benefit u need to change turbo at which point u'd junk the elbow. magnex make good quailty exhausts i think ur best off going for that but u do need to modify the tie bar to clear it because of the diameter.

Umreet

P.S ryans car has the elbow still only made 299 bhp :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BTW, if Red Snapper and I can make it to the G Force day then there will be a chance to compare very similarly tuned cars, one with standard elbow (mine), one with HKS downpipe. OK, you'll never get a proper scientific comparison but our cars are very closely matched in spec and on track (15 minutes lapping Combe earlier this month and we were still stuck together like Siamese twins), but subjectively mine had stronger midrange, Snapper had better top end. So should be intetresting to see what the R/R says - if Dragon can get my gearbox in one piece in time.

Steve.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.