Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm fitting a rear diffuser which has holes for bolts on the bottom of it ... but nothing at the top part

I've bought some bolts for the bottom ... but I'm not sure which double sided tape to use to attach the top part ?

Has anyone any recommendations plz ? make and part number please since 3M for example do literally hundreds of different tapes

cheers

Raj

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
see if you can get some off darin because the double sided tape that came with the mlr badges is strong as and thin ,only an idea

Ant

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
raj, just like your vortex gen mate, sikaflex it ;)

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
raj, just like your vortex gen mate, sikaflex it ;)
with the sikaflex' VG I could leave a bag of compost on it over night to apply pressure ... with the bumper since it's vertical and I don't want to take it off how can i apply the pressure needed for the sikaflex to cure ?

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Couldn't you remove the bumper first? Only a few bolts and then wrap a couple of bits of that blue detailing tape you can get from Polishedbliss

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Raj, according to something I read on evolutionM the 3Mwith the red backing is the strongest, try looking on 3m's site for description/part#
Cheers.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Those trigger clamps with the rubber pads and a few lengths of wood to distribute the pressure between the upright sections will do the trick, your also in total control of the pressure so you shouldnt crack the carbon!

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
with the sikaflex' VG I could leave a bag of compost on it over night to apply pressure ... with the bumper since it's vertical and I don't want to take it off how can i apply the pressure needed for the sikaflex to cure ?
do it once do it right mate :)

bumper off, sika flex and clamp or weight it.

or a little more heath robinson: roll another car up with some cushioning to keep the pressure on in a vertical plane (will need some working out due height) ;)

the 3m red is all thats holding on my votex gen, but mate, this must have cost a LOT more than a replacement one of those!

you could also use 3m as a grab adhesive and have a bead of sika there to cure over time with the tape holding things in place initially :smthumbup

if this was mine, id have the bumper off ;)

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Raj, according to something I read on evolutionM the 3Mwith the red backing is the strongest, try looking on 3m's site for description/part#
Cheers.
Raj,

Don't know how mental you want to go, but a mate of mine works for a road sign installer who often puts up town signs and large roundabout signs and not all of those are bolted but instead put up with some sort of 3m tape which I've been told is approaching £90 a roll :eek: but bearing in mind it puts up motorway signs all on it's own I suppose the council will justify paying the prices. :rolleyes: I've (being security/theft conscious) had both number plates put on with it, and there is no fear of those ever coming of again! :smthumbup

I might be able to get hold of some for you? Let me know! :smthumbup

Regards

Mark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts