Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody tell me about best cams profile for a TME engine with forged pistons, titanium conrods, standard titanium turbo and TDD fully mappable ECU?
What's best between HKS 264° and 272° options for my engine configuration?
Thanks on advance....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Make sure you know that there are differences between HKS cams and other cams. There are better ones and less good ones. Get a professionnal to explain to you what they are exactly. 264 HKS and 264 other brand arent necessarily the same thing!

Where did you get titanium con rods from and how much are they?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Titanium con rods have been custom built by a Renault Sport engineer, following building specifications of steel h conrods he just did for Ralliart Italy for a EVO VI proto.....
I paid for them about 2.000 euros, and he tells he did them for me only because he's friend of a friend of mines.....
I haven't yet tried them , i'm finishing my new engine.....
So, you think that HKS 272° cams are a good option for me, as i keep my engine 2 litre, or they are not a good choice?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will suggest 264. We have tried both HKS 264 and 272 (with 2.0 engine) and 264 seems to be better in terms of engine uasage on both road and race track.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Custard, I actually disagree. 264 is the maximum cam duration, and says nothing about the lift or the shape of the cam lobes - all of which affect power.

264 is therefore not 264 whoever makes it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my point exactly !
264 degrees is 264 degrees...........no one mentioned anything else !
written by someone who has fitted many cams,
i rarely TALK about them !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Although I understand every word of what Stuart says, I do not understand what they mean. Can anyone explain this to me?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, i would have decided for 272° option, also if it should have less lower torque.
Now, can anybody tell me where i can urgently purchase them, with reinforced valve springs and aluminium slide cam pulley set?
I would need them for next week, as i'm going to ultimate my engine....
Thanks.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks alot evoboy u a photographet too cool, i have a photo lab mate as well, noritsu qs3001 digital feckin cool.

take care mate

1 - 15 of 15 Posts