Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

im thinking of putting some cams in my evo 4 but carnt decide which ones to go for i was thinking bout putting bc 272 in or bc 280 is there much of a power/torque differance between the two?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes mate was thinking of getting some arp bolts for the big end caps and reshelling will i was on but that wouldnt be till later on in the year

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
Would not go with big lift and long duration cams on a standard IV bottom end, MR or 264's would be fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
would u recommend forged bottom end first would the cranck need to be changed 2 or would forged rods and pistons able to cope how much power/torque can u push a forged 2.0l to?

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
The IV engine has a few weaknesses, if you are planning big power then an engine from a later Evo would be best.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
best to find a 5 or newer bottom end or blowed up complete engine and start again then is it safe at the mo ive got :-

apex airfilter
hard pipe kit
e 6 cams
e 7 injectors
10.5 turbo of a 6
3.5." complete exhurts system
e 6 ecu
and a equal length manifold
255l fuel pump

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
Provided it's setup and mapped within limits it should be fine. Just check for any signs of crankwalk etc.

best to find a 5 or newer bottom end or blowed up complete engine and start again then is it safe at the mo ive got :-

apex airfilter
hard pipe kit
e 6 cams
e 7 injectors
10.5 turbo of a 6
3.5." complete exhurts system
e 6 ecu
and a equal length manifold
255l fuel pump

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats set up on my boost controller as high boost its not run that high all time 1.1 is normal running boost

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
best idea is to change the pistons and rods as the stock pistons suffer from ringland failure.as long as the crank thrust bearings are kept in check there is no reason why you cant run 400bhp or more with the later E8/9 pistons and rods.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my idea was later in the year was to forge it anyway pistons and rods there is no crank walk wot so ever yet!!!! will it handle more then? or do as sugessted and start with a later block

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
ideally start with a later block as there is no telling when/if cranwalk will strike some get it some dont but the chance is always there

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for all your advice much appreciated ill leave the cams alone for now nd save some money nd buy a second engine to build up

1 - 20 of 20 Posts