Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking at getting another bike just for summer fun. I don't know what to get though. Haven't had a bike for 10 years, last one was a CBR600.

I don't really like sports bikes as they are a pain in the arse (literally) and also have no no claims, so insurance will be a problem.

I dont want to spend mega bucks, around 2-3k.

So far I quite fancy the Suz SV650 or the Kwaka GPz500. I gather the Yam Fazer is good, but seems a bit big and heavy. :confused:

Ideally, I want a 200mph sit up and beg, great handling, cheap to insure lightweight thumper!! ;) I know it doesn't exist, but what is best compromise?

All input greatfully received, but please dont say Fireblade, R1 or Hyabusa!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
glen4 said:
Thought about a TRX850, good bike, and sounds lovely with a set of aftermarket cans on it.
no i hadnt! Don't want anything too big or heavy, not ridden a bike for 10 years, wanna live past first day.

Are SVs not Girls' bikes though??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
Fireblade, R1 or Hyabusa
;)
:D



seems like an odd question but it does make a bit of difference..
how old are you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
pondy,sv's are girls bikes.get an R6,or a later generation cbr6, ride to a track day,thrash the nuts off it,and ride home.
adrenalin rush sorted.
DON'T get a gay bike,it'll just **** you off after a month or two.
Or just get a track bike,worth at least a second a lap with not being arsed about binning it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
scoop said:
seems like an odd question but it does make a bit of difference..
how old are you?
I'm 37, but I lie about it a lot!

Blakmak,

I DONT WANT A SUPERSPORTS BIKE! Trackdays aint for me!

Thought about a VFR800 but think insurance is gonna be steep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
First time I have mentioned it on here but the reason my Evo has gone is to fund taking my bike test and getting a bike...

Got the same dilemma...

My current shortlist is:

Suzuki SV650
Honda CB600 Hornet
Suzuki Bandit

Probably get slated for that selection but this is to be my first ever bike on the road so no race replicas for me! :eek:

The SV is my current fav as it instantly felt comfortable to sit on and lets be honest, who isnt instantly seduced by that V-Twin thump! :D

Bike test is April 15th and if I pass I need to choose which one to get, so come on guys, suggestions?! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
756 Posts
Skip said:
First time I have mentioned it on here but the reason my Evo has gone is to fund taking my bike test and getting a bike...

Got the same dilemma...

My current shortlist is:

Suzuki SV650
Honda CB600 Hornet
Suzuki Bandit

Probably get slated for that selection but this is to be my first ever bike on the road so no race replicas for me! :eek:

The SV is my current fav as it instantly felt comfortable to sit on and lets be honest, who isnt instantly seduced by that V-Twin thump! :D

Bike test is April 15th and if I pass I need to choose which one to get, so come on guys, suggestions?! :eek:
SV MATE :smthumbup And good luck with the test :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
DENE said:
SV MATE :smthumbup And good luck with the test :cool:
Thanks mate, my mind is already made up really, just wanted some reassurance! :D

Got theory next week with that damn hazard perception malarky... :blah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
above suggestions are good. I had a KTM Duke, which I would recommend. Very different and rare with reliable single cyclinder motor, stunning looks. Super fast acceleration to 50. Very good for twisties and the street. Poor wind resistance for long journeys. Treat the road like your own pesonal motocross track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,270 Posts
you cant go wrong with a cbr 600 but you know that already eh?
get a 1200 bandit, they are awesome mate! easy to insure and service and with some renthals and twin lights etc they look the dugzbawz!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Firstly, Hi all. I'm new to LR and first time on this forum. Be gentle!

Pondy, buy the SV and spend a few hundred on advanced training. You'll need some after 10 years off a bike.

SV is a good fun bike. I had one as a loaner when my RSV1000R went in for its service. I was dead impressed.

On single track lanes with a poor surface it wasn't much slower than my Mille.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,991 Posts
Have you thought of a RF600 or RF900.
They are quite cheap these days and they seem to be an good bike.

My brother in law has had both. And they are great for a nice quiet ride or a quick blast. What I can remember from going pillion they are a very comfortable ride. I can't remember complaining of a numb bum.
Very much like the CBR's in comfort to be honest.

Trina
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top