Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which are the dunlop street legal semi slick tyres as I want to get a look at them and a price?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They used to be badged 'Formula R's but were actually called Dj98's, however I think the very latest ones are D01J's or similar.

They are tought to get from the local tyre place, they usually have to get them from the Dunlop Motorsport factory.

I tried to get a set of Dj98's when they were new, proved virtually impossible at a reasonable price, so went for Colway intermediates (similar sort of thing but much cheaper). 5000miles if you are lucky :D

TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers hope fully blade will leave some details .
Tony
If they are around the same cost of So2 s than I will try them 'fi not might as well stick to the wet handling of the So2s,and forego the track aspect .
will have a search around the web sites.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Usefull tel number if required

Dunlop motor sport car tyres 0121 306 3347

Get more info tomorrow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paul

I have been using the D98J`S both on the track and amp; some road driving, great levels of grip, the only down side on the road is that they are noisey! (particularly booming @ 70ish).

I`ll have them on @ Donno if your going I`ll take you out for a few laps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
D001J - direct from dunlop, or via south shore tyres - about £120 for my size (235/40 -18) as I recall. Awesome, really hard wearing - BUT - you have to get alot of heat into them or you don't have much grip. Once hot, #### me, do they grip!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for that fella's .

Dave I'm not going to Donny but going to Snetterton hope to get a set on by then .
I will give Dunlop acall later .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts