Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...
I have a 94 Lancer GSR with high low boost. I used to have up to 15psi boost on high, but for some reason I now only have aroudn 12psi. I took it to the mechanics and electrician to get a few little things fixed a few days ago which was completely unrelated to the engine. Could they have knocked something and lowered the boost or is it something else???
On another subject... How can I get more boost? What do I need to modify? (as you can tell I am very new at this... so please tread gently.)

Thanks!!! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There are so many things that could've been done.

How was the boost raised in the first place? (electronic boost controller? bleed valve(s)?)

Once you know how you were getting 15psi you can start to figure out what might be going on. In the meantime check all hose and fittings (even the wee ones!) for kinks, holes etc. I've known a Scooby to be suffering by about 7psi simply because an over-tightened tie-wrap was pinching a vacuum line!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any unfamiliar noises? If so, you might have a small exhaust leak which would compromise loss of boost.

Gaining boost can be done exactly how chunky prescribed: electronic boost controller, etc... Remember that increasing boost will require a few mods, although you can probably raise it .1 or .2 bars without needing any ecu upgrade or remap. Just keep a close eye on the mixture, and watch for fuel cuts. OUCH!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts