Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
My car is in process of being put back together as we speak. This is more of a general question, since its a GVR-4 (E39A chassis). I am using our stainless tubular manifold, a Forced Performance Green model turbo (www.forcedperformance.com), and an HKS external wastegate. exhaust consists of ported Evo 3 O2 housing, and 3 inch turbo back exhaust. Where do you recommend mounting the wastegate flange too? Should I add anotehr pipe to the manifold (I am worried then about the weight of the wastegate leading to premature cracks in the manifold). Perhaps one of the tuning firms out there offers an O2 housing that is flanged for the HKS wastegate (no-one in the states does). Or, can I do it off the downpipe itself?

Thank you!

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Adam,
The optimum location 4 the ext wastegate is at the exhaust manifold as it enters the turbo exhaust housing , u can use a separate pipe 2 connect 2 the wastegate itself (so it becomes remotely located) , the pipe needs 2 b merged in2 the manifold in the direction of gas flow. The outlet from the wastegate can go 2 atmosphere (loud :)) , or merge it back in2 the down pipe between say 8 and 18 downstream of the turbine outlet .
BTW , if u connected the wastegate 2 the downpipe it wouldn't do anything ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry - should ahve clarified. By off the downpipe , I meant should I bother dumping it back into the donwpipe, or have it vent to atmosphere? For right now, it looks like we are going to make our own 3 inch downpipe that eliminates the O2 housing, and flange the HKS gate right where the factory O2 housing used to be...then make a seperate dump tube and bring it back into the exhaust further down the system. I don't think I can deal with an externally venting dump tube!

I am surprised thought that nobody makes an O2 housing flanged for the HKS wastegate already?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts