Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in sheffield, Want a new IX FQ300 in october time (fingers crossed!) Im not too bothered about having to wait a bit longer if i can get some discount, or having to travel.
Whos most up for a deal out of the dealer network? And as i have no part-ex (selling it back to dealer ;) ) what discount should i expect?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aidy said:
Why do you expect a discount?
a)Because i work in the motor industry and know the markups the dealers make
b)Because every dealership will negotiate.
c)List price on the VIII is 27.9k, i could get one with 2.2K off.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
soates82 said:
a)Because i work in the motor industry and know the markups the dealers make
So why ask us when you work in the industry and know the answer already? WTF is with people today, this is the second similar thread in about an hour :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Because i work in the industry, that doesnt mean i know how much you guys managed to haggel off the prices of yourse does it? NO!
All i wanted was a little help, instead i get smart arse comments, sheesh, ill not bother in the future! :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
soates82 said:
Because i work in the industry, that doesnt mean i know how much you guys managed to haggel off the prices of yourse does it? NO!
All i wanted was a little help, instead i get smart arse comments, sheesh, ill not bother in the future! :rolleyes:
Well I'm in the industry of smart arse comments :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Roght, Yorkshire isnt the scummy midlands, and its not the north, its the no-mans land between the two, think of something along the lines of the intro to terminator and you have the right idea :p

P.S Will anyone answer my question?

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Anything north of the Watford gap makes you a Northerner :D

a)Because i work in the motor industry and know the markups the dealers make.
So get list, subtract markup and there's your best possible price.

But will every dealership negotiate on a brand new released premium model when none have yet to be put on British roads?

Is this Now, or on day of release? ANYBODY who can talk can get 2.2K off an 8 these days, the 9 is coming out?

In short, I would be quite suprised if you get any discount whatsoever, barring a supaguard or set of matts for free. Leave it a year or so, or until the details of the X are released and i reckon it will be a different matter.

HTH.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts