Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I've tried to locate the ECU under the glovebox as described here for a RHD car but i didn't find it but i'm not sure if the location is the same for a LHD car.

Regards,
Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Belgium6,
The ECU is at the passengers side unter the dash at the right about 20 cm above the floor.

ps: are you from Belgium?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info spyke,

i'm belgian but i live in the very north of france (5 miles of belgium border), in the Lille area.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found it, quite hard to remove the screws but it's ok, i'm swapping for a PE ECU...

By the way, where are you servicing your car ? i do mine in Colsoul rallysport in Landen (www.colsoul-rallysport.be)

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Belgium6,

I am servicing by the dealer I bought it from in Turnhout.I also know that guy you say, altough I have my thoughts about him but he is very good(prepairs rallycars) and very expensive.
Let me know about the pe ecu(how much boost will it hold). I have the ralliart one.
Greetings.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have visited colsoul rallysport, big warehouse, around ten evo 6 GrN/GrA and two 7 were there, very professional guys, it runs 3 cars for clients on several rally part of the world/european/belgian championship, he and his brother (tom and bob colsoul) race in the belgium and european championship

Didn't service my car yet as i only have it for 2 months, so i can't say if it is expensive at colsoul, do you service it every 5000km ?

Should run 1.4 boost, i've changed full exhaust and i'm waiting for HKS RSK, BOV, uprated fuel pump

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Belgium6,
Yes,I also have service every 5000km.
Which exhaust did you go for?Is it a cat back or turbo back?
Any news about the ecu?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mongoose, it's full stainless, lifetime warrranty, it runs from turbo (elbow) back....

I choose mongosse because i had it from turbo back too on my previous impreza turbo, never had any problem, so i've kept the same brand!

No feedback today from Yellow 5 (he deals directly with PE), no news, good news, i'm still scheduled to pick up my ECU and other parts this week end in calais

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
abs could help true, about AYC it gives very strange feeling at the beginning, big change against the impreza, hope i'll get used to AYC very quickly :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It will always be a major improvement over the imprezza. Last month I had the opportunity to drive a tme(with ayc). Difference was very big IMHO,without ayc much more fun!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you part of a local good club, do you attend belgian meeting ? Here in france, there is nothing about EVO or rally cars, i'm very bored about being road raced by 205GTI ou Clio 16V or attend meeting with GTI touch car.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here in Belgium it is quite the same. There are some scooby clubs. Mostly are standard I know 2 with 300|PLS|bhp and 2 other evo owners.
Have you read about the Ring meet in March, maybe you can come along?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep, i've read it, don't know yet if i will come to the ring but i'm quite sure i'll be in UK on 27 july for the event announced by Yellow 5, seems it will be big meeting!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In the UK there are a lot of nice meetings.I am also thinking about that one but will defenatly go to the ring too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts