Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2mm thick double sided tape about 12 or 15 even 19mm wide to stick my vortex generator back on with? The stuff in homebase etc is 0.8mm thick and therefore too thin. :confused:

Also I found a place that does it but I dont need 40M of the [email protected]@dy stuff. :D

·
Premium Member
8,781 Posts
speedline said:
2mm thick double sided tape about 12 or 15 even 19mm wide to stick my vortex generator back on with? The stuff in homebase etc is 0.8mm thick and therefore too thin. :confused:

Also I found a place that does it but I dont need 40M of the [email protected]@dy stuff. :D
pm linfo mate he will sort you out with some ;)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jacelvis said:
Just askin m8 did yours fly off??
:crackup: :crackup: Erm No. We removed a few bits at the spray shop as the car has been a little "updated" cough cough. ;)

·
Registered
742 Posts
speedline said:
:crackup: :crackup: Erm No. We removed a few bits at the spray shop as the car has been a little "updated" cough cough. ;)
Only asking m8 as mine flew off the other day :cry: :cry: and its buggered so having to pay for another so looking for ideas what to stick my next one down!!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jacelvis said:
Only asking m8 as mine flew off the other day :cry: :cry: and its buggered so having to pay for another so looking for ideas what to stick my next one down!!
No mine was almost too good at staying on but the tape it came with from the US was fantastic.

PS any tips on getting the old tape off?

·
Registered
742 Posts
speedline said:
PS any tips on getting the old tape off?
Apart from stick the v.g back on and drive at bout 100mph(private road :D ) and wait for bad sounding noise like something being ripped from roof!!!

I had no tape left on roof when mine flew!!!

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
what about tape used sticking certain types of double glazing for security,not sure how thick it is but comes in different widths may take few bits,fitter might give u some for nowt

·
Registered
24,446 Posts
We've got some that was used originally for gasketing windows, try Eurocell Building Products as ours isn't wide enough for you unless you put it strip on strip. Freebie :D

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
Makes said:
We've got some that was used originally for gasketing windows, try Eurocell Building Products as ours isn't wide enough for you unless you put it strip on strip. Freebie :D
you need it to keep ya pants up :crackup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts