Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so thought clutch was screwed bought new Flywheel and church kit fitted out exactly the same!

Transfer box? Oil was black and metal in it so I assume so just want to double check before I waste more money on wring culprit lol

·
Premium Member
20,608 Posts
Elaborate ;)
You changed clutch and flywheel as you thought your clutch was slipping /on way out ...but refitted new items and still same ....then removed tranny to see metal filings in oil ?
Well assumption would be transfer box ....but the experts can reply :angel:

·
Registered
755 Posts
so would having a ****ed transfer box give the feeling of a slipping clutch ???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So clutch slip feeling is only way er clutch slip? I'm not saying the clutch is slipping I am saying the car is driving like the clutch is slipping

So does a screwed transfer box feel like clutch slip or could a blown rear diff give the sensation of clutch slip?

Confident the clutch is fitted correctly I will play with the pedal some more to make sure that's set correctly

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
The centre hollow shaft out of the gearbox can corkscrew which splits the front diff casing. That would have been apparent when you removed the transfer box though. It's possible the front diff casing has split without the shaft looking damaged though. If that is the case then the car will drive through the viscous coupling giving the impression of a badly slipping clutch.

To check, take the transfer box off and look down into the front diff. Any damage to the front diff casing should be visible without stripping the box down

Attachments

Reactions: evo arms m7960

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You mean the prop going to the rear diff?

Will take transfer box of and look for damage of front diff nothing looked brown but then want looking too much as assumed clutch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts