Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a new set of wheels for my EVO 4
Can any of you help me out on what ones look nice on the car I am looking for a set of 17ins wheels any info or comments would be great.

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been shopping for wheels myself and the new OZ SuperLeggera wheels are real nice.
They are 17 and weigh only 7 kg. That's very light and priced well.
By comparison, the Compomotive MO wheels weight 10kg.
OZ has a good reputation and are the standard wheels on the regular Evo6.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you think of the Bk 238 Eclipse wheel take a look at this website www.bk-racing.co.uk/eclipse.html and see what you think.

OK.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would be wary of BK racing wheels
I have some 17 inch BK racing 121 wheels with dark chrome finish
The chrome was coming off in big strips and flakes within a couple of months. Everytime you washed the car more would come off. The wheels are now turning yellow.
Abysmal!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will keep that in mind.
What is the right offset for the EVO 4 and how wide can you go with the width of the wheels
7 or 8ins will 18ins wheels fit and what tyre size is best.

Thanks Lads.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes its a shame because both mine, and the ones you mention, are great looking wheels initially!
Just that there must be something wrong with their finishing (its all four wheels not just an isolated one).
Am waiting to see if they are helpful in sorting the problem out but not optimistic.

cheers
Jon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
White II is right about BK wheels, stay well clear of them.
I bought a set of 121s for my girlfriends subaru and they too are flaking.
I was looking for 18 wheels for my E6 and most of the tyre places have advised against BK Wheels.
Could have something to do with the other wheels were 3k though !!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Take a look at the OZ website here is the address www.ozracing.com and see what you think of the CRONO EVOLUTION I think they are a nice wheel also look at this site www.performancealloys.com/ and take a look at the Rage Silver something like the BK 238 see what you think Lads.

T.S.JOB,
Totally Sideways Job.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I quite the look of Kosei Seneka RG, though possibly the spokes are a bit thin.

Did you manage to get anyhting done about those flaking BK wheels EVO_MANIAC??
Did you try?
Has anyone else had the same problem?
I'm pretty peed off with the sh!te quality and feel that they contravene the Sale of Goods act which says the goods must be of merchantable quality.

BK told me to go back to the agent but this is down to BK I feel. I have only heard the same story from everyone who has bought the wheels.

cheers
Jon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The EVO 4 has a 46mm offset and are 6.5 wide as standard. The EVO 5/6 has a 38mm offset and are 7.5 wide as standard. I made the mistake of buying a set of EVO 5 wheels to go on my EVO 4 and found that they do not fit. Ralliart assured me on two separate occasions that the 4/5 and 6 have the same 46 mm offset and they don't! So if anyone wants some EVO 5 alloys in immaculate condition then let me know.

Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nick W,

Why don't the E5 wheels fit ?

Are they too deep ?

Do they foul the inner wing or do they catch the wheel arch on lock ?

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jon,

The offset is different and therefore the car's handling will be changed. I am not saying that they won't physically fit, they probably won't foul the arches or suspension but it will probably make the car tramline really badly. I am no expert on this subject but I would rather not upset the balance of the car for cosmetic reasons. Any comment or suiggestions?

Cheers

Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Try this site,fill the details in and they will contact you,by mail and by phone.
they have just contacted me with which wheels in 16 I can change to ,quite a few in 17 .
http://www.toche-trading.com.
the guy is irish who I spoke to so no problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are all right about BK 238 wheels;

If you want the same as BK 238 s then try
LEAGUE TANTRUMS 17 inch , I bought a set
of these with 205/40 s on for £780 and there
Brill , if you look in members cars at my
GSR 1800 black ,thats what they look like .
only thing with having 40 s profile tyres
is its the rims that hit the kerb not your
tyres !! Watch those curbs .
Just about everyone stocks League Tantrums
so shop around for best price !!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I noticed in the Ralliart literature regarding the Extreme that they specifically would not guarantee the finish on the alloy wheels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello,

I have just been looking Max Power March edition
and on page 64 the League GT-R 6 Spoke fitment range
6.5x15 to 7x17ins price from £103 to £138 not bad I am
going to find out more about them.

T.S.JOB,
Totally Sideways Job.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was looking at a set of wolfrace Urban Racer 7 7x17 they will fit my EVO 4 the offset is 40 the price is £580 Irish pounds without tyres and he will take my wheels as a trade in he is giving me £300 Irish pounds take a look at the website www.wolfrace.co.uk/ the wheels are the same as the LEAGUE TANTRUMS what do any of you think.

T.S.JOB,
Totally Sideways Job.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Apparently fox racing 4 and 5 fit the Evo 4,hace been looking myself for a 5 spoke wheel.
Really wanted my F1s powder coated but have to jack the car up some where to get all 4 done at once.
Its a frigging pain if you ain't got a garage .

cheers

Paul s

1 - 18 of 18 Posts