Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This subject has been mosly refered to E5 and 6,
Now its my turn to ask about wheels and sizings etc for My E4.
Getting any sense out of the wheel guys on the web is like wasting my time.
Swindon is a shitty place for getting anything thats not related to vauxhall and ford.
Anyway ,wish to upgrade to 17/18s on my car ,any recommendations of wheel ,not overly priced stuff.
Also what about offsets and toes in or out,want a 5 spoke ,in silver but need a wider fitment say for tyres 215/225.
has any one any suggestions ?

cheers

Paul s

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dear Paul

215/40/17 is not problem for Evo4, 225/40/17 or 225/35/18 is the maximal limite for Evo 4 before any modification.

Evo 4's offset is 46mm...and Evo 5,6 are 38mm.

Regards

UP auto
www.upauto.co.uk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shorty,Where do you go for service work on your EVO in swindon.
As i now some **** hot techs who do EVO's in the swindon area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul

I will be selling my std E6 super T's soon, you are welcome to see if they fit the 4. If only for reference rather than purchase.

Rgds Kevin A

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wheels off from E5 or E6 definetly won't be able to fit on E4.
225 will really be the limit for the E4

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I am totally confused now. Just bought a set of E5 wheels and was told that they will fit my E4. Some people including Ralliart who I have spoken to on the phone and at Autosport say that the E4, E5, and E6 have the same offset. UPAuto says they are different? Can anyone actually say hand on heart that these wheels will fit! The trouble with this type of forum is you can be lead up the garden path by people who do not know from experience.

Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear Nick

Our Data is according from Japanese Evo hand book.
You may can fit the Evo 5 or 6 wheels to Evo 4, but I think you have to put some spacers to make offset to 46mm.

Regards
UP Auto

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Surely I would need to increase the offset by removing material from the wheel, not use spacers. Using spacers will increase the amount the wheel protrudes from the arch? The E5 and 6 must have different hubs than the 4. I have measured the E5 wheels and they definately have a 38mm offset and would protrude 21mm further out than my standard wheels. I think that I am going to have to sell these wheels any try again.

Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers guys .
Mr fix it enlighten me on the techies in Swindon.I take my car to Steve Hill motor sport near Thame oxon ,for any work,very happy there.There are some knowledgeable people in swindon Ie Swindon racing engines,but again they can,t work too much out side the vauxhall BTTC stuff.Non turbo workings,bit of Ferrari.
Interested in who you use?
Been on the upauto site ,will be purchasing all your clear lense sets in coming months .
Good to see a rear light cluster in clear for E4 s.
Any suggestions on wheel manufacturers?
Kevin thanks for the offer,will have to have a meeting with yourself and Mark at some stage in the near future.Ive let the car alone for a while ,but this year determined to get some work done on it .
Looking at Motec management.Or similar,wish to get the car to do 1/4 mile at 12.5 s or below not too bothered loosing a bit off the top end.Sheer exceleration times required can do 13.5s already.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike and Dave at Steve Hill Motorsport are the best !!!!!!!

I drive from Warrington in Cheshire to see them......300 mile round trip

GO THERE FOR DEFINITE !

Jonathan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts