Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Quick wheel sizing question......again.

I'm after a set of 18x8s, now I know I can get away with ET35 and the PCD is 114.3, but the centre bore is 73mm and I know the standard centre bore for E4-6 is 67mm.

How important is this? Does it refer to the 5 stud spread? In which case it would be no good right?

I know this has been covered before, but I can't find any reference to centre bore sizes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I'm Stupid.

The ET offset is for your caliper clearance, PCD is for 5 stud spread measurement.

Then what is the 67mm centre bore measurement referring to?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The centre bore is exactly what it says on the tin. It is the bore of the centre of the wheel. It is important to get the right size as it centres the wheel on the hub, you can get inserts to reduce the centre bore of oversized wheels. Centre bore of the whole Mitsubishi Evo/GSR and EX2000 range is 67.1mm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ET35 may fit depending on wheel design. I tried a set of SSR Integrals, 35 offset, and it would not clear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe centring ring sizers don't offer any problems but I am prepared to be flamed :D
It is worth noting what Jigga has said, the offset depends on the wheel design, ET35 may be OK for some 8in wheels but not others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts