Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Carbon Fibre Junkie.
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought new lightweight rays wheel nuts for my new rota gtr's and i bought 12x1.5's as i did a search on here and that was the only size i found, but my new wheels have came with a set of 12x1.25's...:confused:

Can anyone shed any light on what are the correct nut size for an Evo 8?

cheers...:)

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
after a little search it seems that it's either M12x1.25 or M12x1.5

also do they need to have flat bottom or 60degree taper ?

oh and finally long or short ?

there are some on the bottom of here :

http://www.unit-8.co.uk/acatalog/Evo_Wheels.html

and I was looking for some black ones, so what should I get ?

hope this isn't too much of a thread hijack since the answer to my questions should also answer dptrimmers original post

:)

·
Carbon Fibre Junkie.
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi raj, it now seems that the proper size is M12x 1.5 and i have a set from unit 8 that size in red and a black set from Rota in that size but Rota have also sent me a black set of M12x 1.25 which are the wrong size, Hope that helps you a bit as i had to do some searching on the net to find my answer...:D;)

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Just stumbled across this looking for the stock stud pitch dimensions, but to add the rest of the info asked for above (more for reference than Raj's use, as I imagine he's got it sorted by now!).

You need the short nuts for the Evo and the flat or conical/tapered nuts will depend on the wheels you're fitting.

Stock Evo Enkeis need the flat nuts, a lot of aftermarket ones need the tapered ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts