Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ive recently fitted brembos to my evo 4, but have a problem!

ive got 17x8" et 35 wheels and theres not enough clearance from the brembos because of the style of spoke!

anyone know where i can get approx 3mm wheels spacers or has anyone got any for sale going cheap? i dont have £60+ tho for these

heres the shot of the wheel with caliper.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive heared storys about having to possibly get longer studs or nuts to run these to help save wheels coming loose or have wheel wobble! is this true?

·
Carbon Fibre Junkie.
1,478 Posts
a 3mm spacer will be ok with the normal studs but any more than that and its not too safe IMO...:handsup:
I took my GTR's off due to having to run a 6mm spacer...:wallbang:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Wasn't there someone on here who ground a small bit off their calipers to give a bit of clearence? Wouldn't be my first choice but could be an option.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wasn't there someone on here who ground a small bit off their calipers to give a bit of clearence? Wouldn't be my first choice but could be an option.
I've seen this done before aswell - a would NOT recommend doing so, very unsafe. Brembo make their calipers to high tolerances, shaving a few mm off may only seem small but the combination of heat/pressures/vibrations etc could cause the caliper to crack.

Just buy some spacers or get your local machine shop to make some up - they shouldn't be too expensive.

Josh..

·
Registered
154 Posts
you need wheels with an offset of 38. you could get a set of evo 5 standard wheels:smthumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts