Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope i have the right name for it wheel nutshttp://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

at how many NM do you fasten this wheel nuts

andre
going sideways

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As tight as a strong guy with a wheel brace. NEVER use a rattle-gun, despite tyre fitters using them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if that is an accurate nm figure... Sorry, I don't have the figures right now, but will get them soon. Why shouldn't you use a rattle gun?? They have torque settings and are used not only by tire fitters (which are admittedly dodgy), but also by any racing team.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced my pads at the weekend after referring to the forums. HHSix (IIRC) quoted the figures from the tech manual for retightening the wheels nuts as 88-108nm / 9-11kgm.
BTW, The ansa was in the Tech Questions forum.

HTH

Geffers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's usually between 100 and 120 Nm. I'd use 110 - 120, tight enough but not forcing too much on the parts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot all about that! I just tighten the nuts until I feel its right. Usually its best to tighten them up as much as you can with the wheel brace from the car otherwise when you get a puncture in the middle of no where you won't be able to undo them!
btw the figures I quoted came from the Japanese Owners Manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts