Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of trial and error to find the problem on my evo, its almost properly drivable. The only problem I have now is possibly the passenger side wheel bearing but need confirmation. Does anyone know if a fudged WB would cause a slight grinding noise when steering right and would it cause vibration in the steering under hard acceleration and high speed braking (80mph+)? I dont get any vibration in brake pedal. :mitsi: thanks if anyone can help!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Jack the car up and and see if there's any play when the wheel's still bolted on the car,if there is you can tell where it's comming from and what the problem is. Bearings can last for ages with no play even when they start to go noisey. Check for play in the track rod end,steering rack arm and bushes. :smthumbup

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jack the car up and and see if there's any play when the wheel's still bolted on the car,if there is you can tell where it's comming from and what the problem is. Bearings can last for ages with no play even when they start to go noisey. Check for play in the track rod end,steering rack arm and bushes. :smthumbup
Checked entire steering rack, no problems. Replaced every bush and track rod ends and drop links. There is a slight knock from passenger side when going slowly over uneven roads, same side as suspected WB, but no knock when out on the road. :wallbang: :lol:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Checked entire steering rack, no problems. Replaced every bush and track rod ends and drop links. There is a slight knock from passenger side when going slowly over uneven roads, same side as suspected WB, but no knock when out on the road. :wallbang: :lol:
Have you tried for play in the wheel when it's off the floor??

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't you just love problems like these?? :goingmad: Maybe a stupid question but have you tried for play in the strut??? :confused:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well I'd check for play in the insert yourself to be 100%. It's sounds like you've covered most of what it could be except the hub :confused: Whatever it is it usually ends up being an easy fix and if all else fails you could give it a severe thrashing with a stick like John Cleese!! :lol: :lol: Won't cure it but'll make you feel better :smthumbup :smthumbup

1 - 20 of 23 Posts