Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am really interested to know how you all got your evo's, and I dont mean ordering it etc...
I am talking about circumstances.... Was it purely a high paid salary? A whopping loan, bank raid, drugs baron, remortgaging, any other schemes???

Thanks guys
T x

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My first Evo V was a present to myself having suffered a fortnight in Nigeria installing software for Mercedes Benz.

Probably worth a Ferrari let alone an Evo!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No seriously my lady,I must own up, I took the money from the dowry that your guardian Sir Comalot generously gave your now deceased husband Lord Simon of Terrapin,it was his explicit wish to me as he tripped over my armoured bootee and fell on his sword that I seek out and purchase the ultimate steed the Evo6. May He rest in Peace,will your Lady give me the forgivness that I crave?

Your Faithfull Servant Sir Grommet of Evo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess I owe you the real story but its not very interesting! Time had come to hand back the company car and either get a new company, boring family style car or buy my own and take a cash alternative. Took the second option and got a loan that matches the cash Now I am leaving the company I will pay off the loan. Simple but boring. Now, where is the terapin!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dear Knight,

If you were so damn handy at knocking off my deceased husband Sir Terrapin, then how come u didnt think to share the money, and buy me an Evo....

Yours grudgingly
F.C

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
unleashed myself from the controlling and financially stifling clutches of my last company in order to realise my true market worth so I went freelance, and just happened to almost double my salary in the process... so I thought id treat myself to an EVO 'cos I always wanted one...... lovin every minute of it but i'm still skint though !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My Lady,if you could despatch a a loyal messenger to me with an etching of thee in the dress that pushes up the boobies my Evo is yours.

Your fair beauty is worth a hundred Evos,

Your Loyal Servant Sir Grommet Of Evo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The ability to help influence the company car scheme helps. That and a load of cash each month. (Don't think you are supposed to spend it all just financing the car though :) )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First saw the evo VI on channel 4's Driven , late '98. Saw the tester from the programme, Jason Barlow, in a car park in the West End a couple of weeks later. He said it was the best car he had ever driven.

I left my job and started up my own company just so I could get one. 2 1/2 years later bought it and I love it, 5 though, not a 6! No warped discs for us!

P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
very funny thread actually. usually you would expect broad segment of society LOL i would not be suprised if you all did the same job ;)

so i would not bore you with what i do just in case i don't fit in this new board ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sold a Internet Domain for a good price and bought the car with the profit.

A sweet little sllver V

I'm just adding the go faster stripes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Had my M5 on order, needed to sell my XKR - wanted to get something quick for a couple of months. Ralliart were selling the last of the RSX's off, and were available immediately. I bought it, with Stage 1. It arrived 2 weeks later (no test drive). Damn car was so fantastic to drive. That was exactly 12 months ago. So much for a cheap runaround - on my third mortgage now to pay for the modifications :D

1 - 20 of 67 Posts