Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting minding my own business at the traffic lights tonight when my eyeballs were insulted by a SKODA octavia wearing a great spoiler on the back :eek: :eek:

OMG
thought I had seen it all until now :blah: :sick:

Felt like shouting at him "dress it up all you like it will still be a F**kin SKODA :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Linda

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
A little harsh Linda but funny as **** :crackup: :crackup:

I have to say though that I went and test drove the Skoda Fabia VRS or whatever it is, the top of the range fast diesel thing and it was actually very nice. Just a VW with a different badge :)

But you a quite right, I don't understand why people do that to their cars :confused: :D

Bex :angel:

·
Super Moderator
19,493 Posts
hmm - ECU's are funny things - some of them can be remapped - most though carnt ever be changed.

Unfortunately i know this as been an ex-biker i rode one who's ECU was also bollixed - went like **** but was prone to breaking down - had been bollixed for quite awhile it turns out after speaking to the previous owner :shrug:

:(

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
RichW said:
hmm - ECU's are funny things - some of them can be remapped - most though carnt ever be changed.

Unfortunately i know this as been an ex-biker i rode one who's ECU was also bollixed - went like **** but was prone to breaking down - had been bollixed for quite awhile it turns out after speaking to the previous owner :shrug:

:(
Funny that Rich, it was speaking to the previous owner that enlightened me to exactly how bad it really was!! I believe that this particular ECU was one that is not remappable and is probably going to be fooked for ever :)

It is amazing how external appearances can be very, very deceptive :shake: Only when someone fills you in on all the details can you really see what a crap deal you could have got yourself into :)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Bex said:

It is amazing how external appearances can be very, very deceptive :shake: Only when someone fills you in on all the details can you really see what a crap deal you could have got yourself into :)

Funny that, I found that the ECU on one of my last cars was really dodgy.
It did take me walking in on her shagging someone else to realise it though.

I'm assuming that was all a veiled dig at other halves?

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
chockymonster said:
Funny that, I found that the ECU on one of my last cars was really dodgy.
It did take me walking in on her shagging someone else to realise it though.

I'm assuming that was all a veiled dig at other halves?
Why would you think that was me having a dig at an ex :confused: There would obviously be no point in me doing that on here unless they were a member of this forum ;) :confused: And even then why would they bother to read what I was posting????!!!! I was just talking about a bad motor I recently took for a test drive :)

Funny how peoples minds think though, isn't it :confused:

I'll save my revenge story about the MLR member for CHIT CHAT ;) :D

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bex said:
A little harsh Linda but funny as **** :crackup: :crackup:

I have to say though that I went and test drove the Skoda Fabia VRS or whatever it is, the top of the range fast diesel thing and it was actually very nice. Just a VW with a different badge :)

But you a quite right, I don't understand why people do that to their cars :confused: :D

:eek: :eek: :eek:
I don't believe you drove a SKODA :crackup:

No seriously folks some of them Skodas are not bad looking cars now, but this was just too funny.
It seems that every car in the world wants a spoiler on the back now :confused:

I saw a pug at asda the other day with what looked like YODA ears stuck on it :crackup: :crackup:
NOT COOL :eek:

I will know it's the end when I see a Robin reliant with a spoiler
:crackup: :crackup:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Skodas eh? Ive had 2! :D One was an Octavia Slxi 1.8T V reg , full leather , heated front seats CD player 150 brake , nice car but the wheels were too small and it sat too high for me , so I traded it in for the new (at the time) vRS Turbo which had 17's and sport suspension/brakes (from the Audi TT) and 180 brake , nice enough cars I thought, 40MPG on a run and still equals the top end of my Evo II :) Have a look at this one its the match of a few Evos , Id reckon.... ;)

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
The one I drove like I say was really good and dead fast :) They are after all only VWs with a different badge :D The one problem with it was the fact it didn't have a really big.....

spoiler :crackup: :crackup:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts