Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been active on this board now for a couple of months and enjoy reading about how you guys spend thousands on your beloved cars to make them all the more powerful...now I hate to say this, but I think that I am turning Into claudius. when I followed barrys tme which has the usual zorst, Induction kit, boost controler ecu stuff..and had no real problems keeping up with him on the way to Snetterton on Sunday flat out on the A11 at 150 and overtaking on single carriage ways at silly speeds.I suppose those types of mods mean 10ths on the track which dont mean much on the road when you start taking passengers etc into account! although flames the size of a small child do look very impressive barry :D :D. I think that Brakes and suspension and tyres are definately the way forward to make a quicker A to B car unless your'e blade of course and need a mortgage to tune your car.

I think the danger is once you start, you aint gonna stop because you don't get much BHP or torque / £ so you have to keep spending more as you will always be disapointed with the last mod and will be led to believe that one more tweak will compliment another?

what do you chaps think? am I talkin twoddle or sense here?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think that Brakes and suspension and tyres are definately the way forward to make a quicker A to B

... and the most important of all ... improving the driver. This will make more of an initial difference than changing anything on the car.

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dave,cheer up you might win the lottery and then you can do the engine as well as the brakes,I am obsessed with my TME but there are worse things I could spend my money on.

Id check your speedo we were doing 140mph I was at 6500rpm and you were bouncing of the rev limiter,the reason you stayed with me was not because your standard car is as quick as a car like mine with expensive mods but because I let you.

You are right power does cost money,but why uprate the brakes if you have not uprated the power,you dont need to the brembos are fine.

I agree that its easy for many of us to keep searching for that extra performance thats the great thing about the Evo they are so tunable.I am addicted but its a healthy addiction it doesnt make my life unmanageable,like the abuse of drink or drugs.

I would ,Dave prefer that you stopped posting my driving habits all over the internet,remember as you said you were also driving at (silly speeds) by choice I would imagine .The motivation I believe for many of the great guys I have met is the satisfaction of owning an Evo ,enjoying its performance,and if the personal budget is tight getting a buzz from the achievments made by others in there pursuit of happinness(performance).

I enjoyed meeting you and look forward to next time when I will be up to 380,with Ap brakes alround and leda suspension.I dont want a rally car I want a tarmac,road and track car and watching Blades endeavours and achievments I find really motivating and exciting .

Thanks to all the members who through there support and knowledge have opened my eyes to the potential Of the Misubishi Evo.

Regards Barry:):):):)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of the best things about an evo is planning and researching the next mod
One of the best things about money is you can spend it
The best thing about being over 18 is you can do what the f**k you want

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rob, strangely, I agree with you. I think suspension, brakes and driver skill will take you faster on the road. The only time you can really make use of more grunt than standard is on the straights, and on the road that is not really much fun. With all the license losing tactics of the law, you can't use the performance anyway.

I find my M5 brilliant in all situations, and enjoy really mad speed on the track in my EVO.

If only the roads were derestricted, or we all lived in Northern Italy - where the police love fast cars!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have thought about all whats said by all parties .The next route I will take given the money ,would be to buy a car with alot of work done to it.
But I like my car and am used to it,brakes will be the main concentration with bracing the chassis more .
If you have a great set of breaks to start with brilliant ,also I see not alot of point on overdoing the supension ,as its very capable .I don't wish to bounce around corners because its too stiff.but minimising body roll is a must.
As I spend more time on the road than track its got to be road complient and not track complient .
But others use the car more for track than road.
No other Evo will given driving capability of equal standard would out perform on acelaration most Evo's from 3 onwards .on the road [not straight line speed.]
But driving tuition is very impotrant .We all have out limits and I am sure a person with not so much skill could out do some one with no skill.
But then spending money is a lovely experience ,I remember when I had a few things done and couldn't wait to test them out.
Its all par for the coarse spend the money wisely where it suits you most .
If some one would give me in interest free loan for 8 grand I can pay my tax bill that might save a jail sentance.fking accountant.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my accountant goes by that name too
makes me wish i tried harder at school......
on second thaughts...........nah

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what about a chateram r500 for 32,000...that is less than the rrp of a tme and one hell of a more usefull track tool out of the crate?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats it I,ve decided to get an austin 7 chummy and uprate the drums to mintex pads and maybe get the ignition advance/retard tweeked...anyone here know much about the 7?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dunno,

cant be that bad if thay got to 7!

actually my mate has two of them and i kid you not these things turn more heads than an evo as you lurch up the road at about 20mph flat out...looks like chug a boom and makes you laugh your tits off..the complete oposite experience to the evo but ultimately as much fun...believe me they are wicked and often used for racing back in the day with a lightweight chasis......heritage my friends

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mouton .

Suprising how the name gets around.Should of been a solicitor so I could sue the buggers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts