Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had 0.2mm lasered off my fly friction plate, is this too much?

I am fitting a new clutch system but i'm worried it will slip etc?

is 0.2mm okay?

·
Premium Member
20,600 Posts
Surely SOMEONE knows :confused:
Had mine skimmed years back on first clutch change ...don't know what amount tbh ...next time was new flywheel though .....maybe no one knows on here :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure someone will be along soon that knows for sure but I can't see .2mm being a problem it's only 8 thousands of an inch which is a tiny amount (that's if my maths is correct :lol:)
true but someone has mentioned that the plate could warp the harder I launch.

All I'm trying to prevent is putting it all back together and the clutch slips or even worse no drive?

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
Is this an oem flywheel ? I doubt it will give any problems being 0.2mm thinner, if your worried then buy a new flywheel but dont think it will be an issue.

When you say lasered off what do you mean ?....i cant see how you could use a laser to skim a flywheel ( i used to run a laser profiiling company) and even if you could i certainly wouldnt want to as the heat generated by a laser would do more harm than good!

Ian

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this an oem flywheel ? I doubt it will give any problems being 0.2mm thinner, if your worried then buy a new flywheel but dont think it will be an issue.

When you say lasered off what do you mean ?....i cant see how you could use a laser to skim a flywheel ( i used to run a laser profiiling company) and even if you could i certainly wouldnt want to as the heat generated by a laser would do more harm than good!

Ian
no its not OEM, its a Fidanza. I don't know how my mate has done it but its looks and feels brand new, he's a CNC Laser Technician, I don't know what they get called in UK? but he written a programm put it in his machine and has took off 0.2mm.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
no its not OEM, its a Fidanza. I don't know how my mate has done it but its looks and feels brand new, he's a CNC Laser Technician, I don't know what they get called in UK? but he written a programm put it in his machine and has took off 0.2mm.
lets hope it works:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
If its a Fidanza just buy a new friction plate then you know its spot on and not worth messing about imo, im not sure on the Evo X flywheels if there is a raised/or sunken step for the friction face or not ? ... if there is a difference then skimming just the area friction contacts will affect the clamp force of the clutch, ideally the area clutch pressure plate bolts to will require the same skim as friction area to keep clamp force correct.

Ian

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If its a Fidanza just buy a new friction plate then you know its spot on and not worth messing about imo, im not sure on the Evo X flywheels if there is a raised/or sunken step for the friction face or not ? ... if there is a difference then skimming just the area friction contacts will affect the clamp force of the clutch, ideally the area clutch pressure plate bolts to will require the same skim as friction area to keep clamp force correct.

Ian
I bought a new friction plate but Fidanza have changed the design, the holes don't align up correctly so its useless :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts