Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the Evo and I know I can afford an Evo 2 but I dont like the back end the fron looks really nice and it looks tops but then the back end just looks like a Vauxhall Carlton
Sorry I know thats a little mean
I just cant believe how a car can have such a great front end and then what most people will end up seeing the back just looks so normal when the car isnt
So how much different is the Evo 3 and 4 to the Evo 2 Im not looking at the Evo 5 as its a little more than I wont to spend on a car at the moment
Also what so the interiors look like on the Evo 2,3,4 and when did they start using the digital millage read out on the clocks for these cars
Any pixs and help would be great to see so I can get an idea

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Evo 1-3 are pretty much the same car,
- styling differences are mainly the front and rear spoilers
* e2-3 interior same (slightly different cloth pattern) but different seat design to e1
* engine e1-3 the same except e3 has higher compression ratio
* e1 has slightly narrower track

(also look at any Proton Persona/Wira ....essentially same body again although rear is slightly longer and different lights,
due to Mitsubishi selling the tooling/moulds etc to Proton in circa 1995)

Evo 4-6
* body shell is entirely different to e1-3
* redesigned engine & also turned turned through 180 degrees to accomodate better gearbox/drivetrain
* interior different but seats can be fitted into early cars
etc
etc

for better info have a look at Bazza's excellent buyers guide:
http://www.lancerregister.com//mlr_images/articles/evobuyersguide/buyers_v3.1.pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts