Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IV getting a lot more power soon, got Evo 8 brembo and disc on front just bought some rear brembos, what a good disc, lots of options,
Grooved
Dimpled
Drilled
Drilled/grooved
Dimpled/grooved

Power will be 450 ish
Fast road
Occasional trackdays

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Floating PF discs & xp8 pads seems to be a popular combination on here for the standard brembos.
I use PF discs & PF Pads

PF - performance friction

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just fitted the PF 2 peice discs and XP10 pads after having my brembos refurbished by godspeed. Cant wait to see how it improves the braking capabilities.

·
Premium Member
10,870 Posts
The PF discs are mega money though??!! Surely some nice one piece discs will do the trick off track???

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
My IV getting a lot more power soon, got Evo 8 brembo and disc on front just bought some rear brembos, what a good disc, lots of options,
Grooved
Dimpled
Drilled
Drilled/grooved
Dimpled/grooved

Power will be 450 ish
Fast road
Occasional trackdays
Different disc faces (as in grooved, dimpled, drilled etc) will make little or no real difference to the performance as thats all in the pads, i would say plain or grooved/dimpled discs which ever you prefer look off, stay away from drilled discs if going on track as the holes are a weak spot and they will start to crack out from holes.

We can offer various disc options from plain or grooved oem spec 1 piece right up to the high end 2 piece floating discs like Performance Friction or Girodiscs etc.

Drop me a pm or give me a call if i can be of any assistance :)

Ian

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
Just fitted the PF 2 peice discs and XP10 pads after having my brembos refurbished by godspeed. Cant wait to see how it improves the braking capabilities.

]
Thats a very good setup and im sure you will be impressed with performance :D

Ian

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
Will the 2 piece purely just help more due to less unsprung weight, and greater heat disapation? Its down to the pads for the rest??
Slightly less unsprung weight on the 2 piece is always a bonus especially as it is rotating mass as well, better heat management and the floating mounting system on PF etc allowing the disc to expand during hard use/heat cycles is all good news :)
We have many customers running our pads on 1 piece discs without issues, however if budget allows and car is going on track regular then a decent floating 2 piece setup is a worthwhile investment, for road use probably overkill but that said they way these cars accelerate even on road use brakes can get a serious pounding!

In my experience pad compound make the biggest difference to how brakes feel/perform, then brake fluid the next weakest link due on increased heat giving a soft/spongy pedal as it reaches its limits, these are the areas to work on first when upgrading the brakes imo.

Ian

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I have PF 2 piece discs on the front, XP8s all round, and some fairly basic discs on the back.
I've done multiple track days, and the rear discs have quite a lip on them.....the front I'm not sure you'd even know they've been used!! Well worth the money IMO, can't imagine when I'll have to replace them!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts