Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
I strongly recommend you do a search for air filter/induction related threads, you'll find quite a lot of opinions and technical facts.

Some filters may let more air in but may also let more crap in which can cause turbo damage.

Personally I've stayed with the standard airbox and fitted a Ralliart panel filter (you can also get HKS panel filters too).

Not entirely sure you'd feel the difference of an aftermarket filter/induction kit, but they do look good!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Oli said:
this has some good info. shame it's not in english

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/1/
Oli,
Had a quick look at your link m8. Seems the important info is in English at the top. The best one of the 5 that they tested (for power gains & filtration ability) was the Apex(i) super intake.

I'm currently studying 3 different replacements in 3 different price brackets:

i) Direct replacement HKS filter (cheapest)
ii) Apexi replacement super intake system (middle)
iii) APS cold air induction kit (dearest)

I guess that the APS will be the best, but it's around 10 times the price of option 1!

PHK.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'm in the same situation. There's a guy on here doing very cheap HKS panel filters, but I don't think they filter very well.

The Apexi IK looks great and it said to have the best filteration, but then all that warm air. :mad:

I think I may just go for a Ralliart panel filter.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
evosaj said:
check out "carbon dynamics airbox" (cda) as used in f1 cars
i had one of these on my cyborg. nice piece of kit if you can get the other side of it out to a good air source

1 - 17 of 17 Posts