Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Evo newbie here!

I brought my first Evo, an Evo 6, this week and was going to lower it 35 mil tomorrow, and was wondering what people think about lowering an Evo?

Does it inhance the hadling? or does it make it worse?

I just think it sits a bit to high..

I've got the Tein Springs.

The car is on standered wheels, 17".

Cheers Shimy.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
it will be fine, just dont go getting any wacky ideas to ''slam it on its ass''

tein are good, ive got their coilovers on mine. when they were fitted the installer has to follow instructions for them. i was hitting all sorts of things even road kills :blah: so it had to go up a bit ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the respons lads :smthumbup :D

Im realy looking forward to it cause I think as standered they sit to high.

I've had 12 Scooby's and fancyed a change so Ive gone for an EVO and I have to say..... Very Nice! :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Eibachs are brilliant. Have them on my E8 following standard springs. No nose dive on hard braking.

Get Cusco ARB's as well, v v good - no roll whatsoever aroung fast corners.

Just watch out for the square "sectional" speedbumps - the premuffler will catch. Straddle 2 if you ca 2 avoid this problem.

Pete

·
Registered
224 Posts
IMHO no plus points, just downsides. Its high for a reason, why upset the geometry and join the world of barry at the same time???

Leave it as it should be and leave the lowering to the chavs and their corsas.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for the replys guy's.

I've got the springs fitted. And the reaction.... Very pleased!!!

The car looks a lot beter slightly lower, but not to low to put me in the Chavtastic league ;)

As for performance, I took her out for a good drive over this weekend to make the most of the good weather, and it handle's great!

It feels a lot more planted to the road and it seems to change direction a lot more direct when going through twistie's.

The ride does'nt feel any more bumpy, which is great!

Cheers Shimy..

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Daz_213 said:
Its high for a reason, why upset the geometry
You re-adjust the geometry (or set for fast road) when you lower the car as you alter the camber settings.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
As above question ^^ but for the South-East?? Ive just seen my new baby at the garage :D:D Its fitted with Tein Coilovers but ive been told they need to be taken off for the car to pass SVA. Once he puts them back on i would like to know somewhere to get the settings checked out.....

Aaaaannd no, Kwik-Fit will not suffice thankyou. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts