Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been visiting this forum and looking into purchasing and Evo VII or VIII.

I finally have some money burning a hole in my pocket and so am doing some serious searching.

Question is, with the release of the X, are we likely to see a reduction in older model prices as the number of older cars on the market increases?

Are we seeing this already or should I wait a couple of months to get a better deal.

cheers lads

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,847 Posts
Isn't it tedious when Mitsi release a new model evo?

Yes prices will go down, yes you should wait, yes you should wait for an XI instead, yes prices will go down when that is released, yes you should wait for a XII instead, yes prices will go down when that is released, yes you should just wait for the XIII instead.

Isn't this great? Follow this line of thinking and you never have to buy an evo, ever!

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
And if they bring out a X260 prices will go down even more....

Set a price and buy the best model you can.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aidy - helpful as ever, thanks.

If these threads tire you then please don't bother replying.

I'm guessing that you've had your chips p*ssed on so many times in your life, it's beginning to taste like vinegar.:smthumbup

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
i think his bug bear is that you are asking a question that is inevitably going to happen.

cars will drop in price

same as merc's do
BMW's do
fiat's do
skoda's do
daihatsu
seat
suzuki
ford
jaguar
tvr
noble
lotus
aston martin
lamoborghini
porsche
ferrari
maserati

no offence but is rather a silly question.

go with what your happy with and sod anyone else, if you buy it at a price your happy with whats the problem?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
^^^thanks

I don't honestly think it's a silly question, a question is only silly if not asked. It might be obvious to some, but it's not to me, does that mean I'm intellectually on a par with an ape. Probably.

If I had come on here asking about 'dump valves' and 'wastegate chatter' then I would expect the response I have had so far.:lol:

Anyhoo

There are a few scenarios that I can see happening:

1.) Nothing
2.) Everyone loves the X and trades in their older Evo - prices may drop with increased stock.
3.) Punters new to the marque wont want an older looking car and will go for the X.
4.) X sales may not be significant. Older prices may remain strong.

I'm sure many people on here would kick themselves forcefully if they had 'jumped in' only to realise that if they had waited that they would have purchased a newer/higher spec/lower mile car.

thanks.....:smthumbup

·
Registered
598 Posts
Aidy's just in a **** cos he bought a yellow one, Evo's are always dropping mate but go test drive one and then you will not care about waiting you will just want one.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^ ah I see, that's the issue.

All makes sense now, so the deduction of p*ss and chips wasn't far off?

I can tell we're going to get on just swell.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Well, I'd say in the next couple of months you'll see a continuation of people trying to sell their older models and getting an X.

Enevitable really!

·
Registered
31,032 Posts
Prices have dropped so dramatically in the last couple of months by supply out stripping demand, coupled with the fact that people were evidently forced to sell by over committing themselves financially around Christmas.

If you are going to buy something decent, ie a car that can command a decent price by being unique in some way, or being more sought after, then no I don't think the price will drop.

If you are going to buy a model that there are lots of, and more importantly lots that are for sale, then yes prices may drop.

It is definitely a buyers market though, and I think if you find a car you want now, you will be able to make an offer that is lower than the asking price, which then negates the whole argument of waiting.

Just my 2ps

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
prices in 2 months will be as follows ;

evo 10 = 35k
evo 9 = 38k
evo 8 = 42k add 10k for mr's & fq's
evo 7 = 47k
evo 6 = 57k add 25k for red tommis
evo 5 = 66k
evo 4 = 78k
evo 3 = 89k
evo 2 = 110k
evo 1 = 150k

the older they get, the more they r worth. hang on to your evos lads. we are on to a winner!

·
Registered
31,032 Posts

evo 10 = 35k
evo 9 = 38k
evo 7 = 47k
evo 5 = 66k
evo 4 = 78k
evo 3 = 89k
evo 2 = 110k
evo 1 = 150k

the older they get, the more they r worth. hang on to your evos lads. we are on to a winner!
In that case, I am going to buy 3 evo 1's for around £3k each.

Then in a couple of months I will sell them for £450,000.

I will buy 11 evo X's and an EVO V, although I will need to put an extra grand to the V.

Then I will quit work and start an executive, fast fleet of EVO taxis.

And all for start up costs of £10k.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts

evo 10 = 35k
evo 9 = 38k
evo 7 = 47k
evo 5 = 66k
evo 4 = 78k
evo 3 = 89k
evo 2 = 110k
evo 1 = 150k

:naughty: Hold onto mine for 20 years and retire! :mhihi:

·
Registered
792 Posts
They will continue to fall...

...much like prices of the Impreza.

Good examples will fall slightly less than bad ones...

...much like the Impreza.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts