Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mate of mine took me for a ride in his 2005 wrx scoob yesterday he says he's put a prodrive pack on it and its making about 305bhp, the thing blew me away:eek:, it felt so much more quicker than my 8:cry: it did make me grin:D

what would be quicker? on paper? my 8 with approx 343bhp or a 05 sti prodrive scoob:confused:

or how can i get my 8 to give more of a punch? im just not smilling anymore:cry::blah::cry: how can i get more torque;)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
mate of mine took me for a ride in his 2005 wrx scoob yesterday he says he's put a prodrive pack on it and its making about 305bhp, the thing blew me away:eek:, it felt so much more quicker than my 8:cry: it did make me grin:D

what would be quicker? on paper? my 8 with approx 343bhp or a 05 sti prodrive scoob:confused:

or how can i get my 8 to give more of a punch? im just not smilling anymore:cry::blah::cry: how can i get more torque;)
Being in the passenger seat always make a vehicle feel faster than it really is. Im sure if they have similar bhp as you state there would be little or no difference on the road....

and lets face it - its a Subaru :thumbdown

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts

UK STI`s have quite abit of lag, so when that turbo kicks in it gives you a bigger kick in the back. Making it feel really quick more so when your a passenger.

I had a STI without PPP and it did my head in. NOTHING, then WHOOSH, then quickly out of puff, scrambling for the next gear. PPP pack makes it better though.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Nowt wrong with Subaru!! I've had a 240bhp UK Turbo 2000 & I loved it & if I couldn't afford to get another Evo V or newer once i've sold my V & sorted new house out then i'd def go for another Scooby.

Just 1 thing about this 305bhp WRX!! To get 305bhp from a Prodrive pack then it must be an STi in the 1st place. I'm sure the Prodrive pack only adds roughly 30-40bhp & a WRX has roughly 225bhp so either he's got a WRX STi or his WRX is running more like 260bhp;)

Craig:coolsm:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just 1 thing about this 305bhp WRX!! To get 305bhp from a Prodrive pack then it must be an STi in the 1st place. I'm sure the Prodrive pack only adds roughly 30-40bhp & a WRX has roughly 225bhp so either he's got a WRX STi or his WRX is running more like 260bhp;)

Craig:coolsm:
^^^^^^ What he said, altho I had a uk300 with PPP and put Hayward and Scott Decat and binned Prodrive one plus panel filter change and it hit 288 on R/R , but we know rollers can be generous :smthumbup

Changed that for an sti8 which was PPP`d and ripped it all out and ran Autronics with FMIC and induction kit etc etc and that went well :D
But I prefer the drive and feel of the Evo all day long :)

But I have enjoyed all 5 of my previous Scoob`s (O/T possibly :blush:)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Being a passenger allways increases the feeling of speed for me ten fold as I am not in control.

When being driven in the Evo HARD It feels really fast but when I drive it it feels average

·
Registered
40 Posts
A freind of mine has a 04 STI with the prodrive pack on it and there is no noticable difference in speed between my VII and his. Mine is 309bhp and his is 305bhp. But my brother had a 03 STI standard and my car left him for dirt. What you need to do is let some1 who ya can trust, bring you for a drive in your car with you in the passenger seat and then you will be smilen bk at your car again after it. :mitsi: rule

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
some good replies there guys:smthumbup

how can i get more of a kick out of mine? so i can feel it more when im driving:D i want it to be exciting again:naughty:

the next stage for mine is different cams, bigger turbo or different housing etc etc

but will this really make that much of a difference and give me more torque? i want it so i can REALLY FEEL it:naughty:

im not to bothered about top speeds, and since ive had the evo i have never been anywhere near top speed anyway

any sugestions on how to make my car fun to drive again would be great:smthumbup

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
shauno your next step for a 260 is:

bigger better turbo say 9GT71 - cost 2nd hand about 800-1000

and some higher profile cams say HKS264s - second hand about 200

you might want to consider injector uppie and also a boost controller and solenoid :) 400 for the controller new and 150 for injectors as a guess.....

that should see around 400-440 with a remap at RS :D

defo over 300 at wheeels :) but the 9gt71 is a strong old turbo and spools fast :)

Internals will then need a look at :D

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
oh i might add you may wish to consider brakes and sussie at this stage :)

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh i might add you may wish to consider brakes and sussie at this stage :)
planning on new brake set up next, before i spend anymore on power:smthumbup

also got a full set of bilsteins from 'dearsman' to put on in the next couple of weeks:D

but after i have done that, i want more :D:D:D

have a good time tomorow mate and see you at marham :smthumbup

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
cheers bud :smthumbup well excited today - just necked her with 99 RON fuel today :smthumbup

i have 9GT71 and HKS 264s on order :coolsm: might get those fitted saturday on the RR @ Silverstone, you coming to that mate?

next for me is brakes, then sussie :)

im well versed with overpowered, under braked/sussied vehicles....200bhp in a renault 5 is fun on std brakes and sussie!

it teaches you sometimes you need to hold back ;)

std evo sussie and brakes are good, but there is better :D

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
whens the rr day at silverstone?

i will have to come along and then see what yours is like after you fit your goodies;) then i will decide whats next for me:naughty: are you going to get chris to put anti-lag on yours:D

i'm going to do my sus, brakes & wheels before i do any more power, got the bilsteins coming but dont know what brake set up to go for:confused:

i already know what wheels im getting:mhihi::naughty::D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts