Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate my cars brakes to the point that i am moody all day!!

Currently i have standard discs (4 weeks old), DS2500 Ferrodo pads and goodridge hoses........and they squeal beyond what is normal and acceptable!!! even made a dog jump this morning!

Have tried the new clips in the calipers, tried buckets loads of cooper silt stuff and even chamfered the edges off the pads last night.

But they still make a noise.

SO.....what disc can i change to, still using the DS2500 pads which are guaranteed NOT TO MAKE A NOISE!?!?!?

thanks

russ

(thank god i dont life next to a cliff or have a can of petrol to hand)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fitted the anti squeal skims and still make a noise!!! ....but not as much so back to the frist question.....

what disc can i change to, still using the DS2500 pads which are guaranteed NOT TO MAKE A NOISE!?!?!?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The honest answer is none of them. But a floating disc will definatly change the natural frequency of your system. I used DS2500 with the AP Racing version with no noise at all. But all cars are different. I now use DS2500 in the six pots, they don't sqeal either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.