Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thread from today has got me thinking, if a rotten 9 came up for sale what is it worth? Generally you don't really see 9's for less than 15k, but if it had say 75k on the clock and the rear legs and boot floor were gone, what price do you put on it then?

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
It would be a worthwhile project but the big one is how long it would take not so much the cost. I'd say about 9k but only really if you can do most of the work yourself or know someone who would be able to give you a lift fabricating and welding.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
acting daft since 1969
19,576 Posts
if its that bad the rest of the car will be a mess ,run away and let some one else have the head ache
but a 9 shouldnt be that rusty surly
but £5k or £6k in all fairness because its a breaker at that

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
It's only worth what someone willing to pay for it.

Trying to find someone to spend 9k on a rotten car must be insane ...

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the replies and just to clarify it's not for me and it's just a thread on what sounds like a possible corroding 340 that got me thinking. I couldn't see it selling for more than 10k and personally wouldn't even pay that, I just wanted to see what other people thought without me putting a price on it and it seems we're all on the same page. :smthumbup

·
acting daft since 1969
19,576 Posts
It's only worth what someone willing to pay for it.

Trying to find someone to spend 9k on a rotten car must be insane ...
but a few nights witha welder and a slack handfull of panels you could get it something like and have a 9 for @ £10k or £11k ,nice work really

but i bet the rear end wil be the least of the problems like i said if the rear end of a cars so bad at 10 years old the rests going to be ugly ,BUT nothing that a good splattering of FRESHLY BLACKED WAX OIL wont cover ;)

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
but a 9 shouldnt be that rusty surly
:lol:I saw plenty of rotten IX's years ago when I was looking to replace my Evo II.

Only takes about 2 years of running through terrible winters - especially if they've been in Scotland.

I put a thread up about X's recently and turns out loads of them are rotten aswell.

Give it another 10 years and Evo's will be very rare.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Very true. They are going for good. Not many good solid ones left

:lol:I saw plenty of rotten IX's years ago when I was looking to replace my Evo II.

Only takes about 2 years of running through terrible winters - especially if they've been in Scotland.

I put a thread up about X's recently and turns out loads of them are rotten aswell.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I always avoid cars that have lived near to a coast . That salty air can do horrible things all yaer round !!!

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
What would peeps say an immaculate EVO IX FQ340 with 23K on the clock would be worth in todays money? Only dry miles also. Pistonheads have an FQ320 with 22K up for 23grand.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
What would peeps say an immaculate EVO IX FQ340 with 23K on the clock would be worth in todays money? Only dry miles also. Pistonheads have an FQ320 with 22K up for 23grand.
Eh haven't you just asked a question and answered it in the same sentence? :confused:

Also the total opposite of what the thread is about.:)

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,843 Posts
I always avoid cars that have lived near to a coast . That salty air can do horrible things all yaer round !!!
Wouldn't fancy this car then :crackup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
but a few nights witha welder and a slack handfull of panels you could get it something like and have a 9 for @ £10k or £11k ,nice work really

but i bet the rear end wil be the least of the problems like i said if the rear end of a cars so bad at 10 years old the rests going to be ugly ,BUT nothing that a good splattering of FRESHLY BLACKED WAX OIL wont cover ;)
If you look hard enough you can find a evo 9 for 11k,
Chassis legs are about 700 quid new, boot floor £800 at a guess, not every average how with be able to strip all the mechanical stuff, never mind in pick spot welds.

Would it not need to go on a big to get true alignment ? I'm unsure on that one.

Like you say tho, couple hours sanding and loads coats of the black stuff and it be back up for sale lol

·
Registered
151 Posts

Completely agree ,1O years time there will be very few remaining, there simply were not enough built to stem the amount that are crashed,stolen and above all rotted out which is by far the biggest killer of these cars.
The whole re shell option will begin to stop to as surely the good shells must be getting thin in the ground if they are not already.
I recall the once thriving cosworth scene pretty much being killed off over a couple of years due to car numbers remaining and I feel they are better most evos for rott considering there age.
Does anyone supply repair panels for the rear legs etc? I can see it almost becoming an essential on all but the best cars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts