Lancer Register Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Claudius

You are right, I am very sad. That's what comes of being a family man who realises that when it comes to kids, you end up compromising more than you would ever dream. I have just learned not to fight it.

Take today as an example. This morning - mad dash in the Extreme. The grin has lasted all day despite family outing in the Scenic this afternoon. But we would never have fitted my daughter's new bike in most of the cars mentioned above.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My wife manages to use our second car ,an evo 5,to ferry 4 kids around without any problem.
She does complain about the boost controller being hard to see,and the design of the carparks at Lidl and Aldi !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks for all the advice and kind words from everyone, I'm now getting used to no sleep.

I think it's going to have to be practical as possible as Simon says but I can't bring myself to spend hard earned wedge on a people carrier (testosterone free motoring). Most interesting suggestion was Jackal's idea about the Leon - a lot of car for the money. Jackal, I'll drop you mail offline to find which dealer you went through.

Cheers folks
Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Don't go T5. I had one for a while. Truly aweful car - more like a motorised armchair than a perfomance motor. Didn't help that the one i had was an auto. Less than 20mpg, NO feedback through steering, had to be wound up to 120mph. Crap. only decent thing were the brakes.

Leon is good apart from smallish boot. Hence my Octavia suggestion (same motor, bigger boot). Rover 600 turbo are cheap as ####.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Get a Proton Wira and swap all Proton badges for Mitsi ones and youve got an early evo!!! That will stop you putting your foot down too!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Actually the Seat route isn't that bad, cause I have a Toledo V5 as a company car. That's a lot of value for money, too. Not as quick as the Leon (2,3 l 170bhp naturally aspirated), but still not too slow. Nothing fancy, but leather seats, ACC, and lots of other stuff and has a bigger boot than the Leon.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.