Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I've got quite a few polished parts in the engine bay that are getting water marks and stains on them. What is everyone using to clean them and make them shiney again???

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The metal polish?? I've used a bit but it seems like it's discolouring the parts.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
'0000' gauge wire wool works well with polished parts. Too fine to scratch but still strong enough to clean up the metal when used with a decent metal polish.
The wire wool also gets rid of water marks on glass windows too.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I've used the t-cut metal polish and that seemed to work a bit better than autosol on my alloy radiator.

Reactions: tazzi

·
3,310 Posts
What I used to do on my old fords was depending how bad it is I would use autosol to get rid of the stubborn stains then use meguiars to finish it off and give it a good shine.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
If it's just from a drip, and more of a residue rather than a stain, I've found that vinegar works well. Just don't rub too hard to start with otherwise it can scratch. Works well on external paintwork too - especially from a leaking garage roof!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I use any metal polish if it's really bad but if it's not to bad then I use a small amount of toothpaste on a soft cloth rinse and dry also leaves car smelling minty :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts