Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will be my 1st time at Snetterton on sunday ,and was wondering what sort of speeds I should be doing around the circuit,bearing in mind I have a standard brake set up on my E4.
Looking forward to having a crack at this one .does the circuit have dips and rises or is it all flat a a pancake?
Also is any part of it an area for caution ,such as scooby spin offs:)?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Shorty,
It's like any other track thing M8 , warm up 4 a few laps then increase yr speed until u feel comfortable with the pace , self regulating really.

Enjoy :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Evoboy,

Don't forget that my E4 has a speed restrictor, ME :D
I was lapped by some ones greyhound at Cadwell.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shorty,

The most important thing about circuits is to learn the lines, and you can only do that SLOWLY. Let people lap you, but concentrate on getting the lines right.

The Autosport circuit guide (from Demon Tweeks or Grand Prix racewear) is really good, and will explain how to drive every circuit in the country. I have one, so if you want info, let me know.

Best formula: Drive the circuit slowly, and get a feel for it. Try lines that feel natural to you. Get an instructor to take you out and show you what is wrong (this is important, as you need to compare your technique to the right technique - you shouldn't go straight out with an instructor).

You will then be driving quite quickly - keep practicing what he told you, and by the end of the day you will be quick, and will have saved alot of wear and tear, and avoided potential offs !

For me, the goldren rules are :-

1) Be Smooth - Don't jam the brakes, don't floor the throttle. Treat both like sponges not switches - and ease them - that way you keep the car balanced, and not having huge weight transfer all the time, helping you to get out of shape.
2) Watch your lock - people always try to compensate for a late turn in or too much speed with too much lock. This leads to lack of traction, understeer and spinning too. If you miss an Apex, just accept it and slow down - get it right next time round.
3) Don't lift off - never, never lift in a corner or on a dip/rise - even Evos spin.
4) Always brake in a straight line - finish all your braking before the corner (before anyone chips in, trail braking shouldn't be considered if you are not happy/familiar with circuits)
5) Accuracy, smoothness and consistency are the keys to fast, repeatable lap times. Bravado isn't - so don't get distracted by someone being quicker, as you will loose focus on your own efforts.

Ok, don't mean to preach, just hope this helps a bit!

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shorty...

Snet is an ex-airfield and dominated by 2 straights. Revett striaght is the longest in the country :) not sure of your car spec but expect speeds well passed 100 in eth 120's and 130's. before you brake for the esses.

Watch out for Coram, fastest bend on the track. Rusel is probably the key to a good lap as is sear.

Have fun

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shorty,

If you need a copy of the Snetterton part of the Autosport guide, I have a few photocopies I'll be bringing along. Search me out in the silver E5 with M5 reg.

See ya there

Darryl.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the info all.
really looking forward to the blast as the frustration of road driving recently leaves me wanting to get out there and do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts