Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. After many years using a Caterham as a track day car I'm now getting bored of arriving at the circuit in too knackered to drive it. Its a lovely 1700SS but I'm now looking for an Evo to turn into a replacement.

So, you peeps know a damn sight more than me....what should I get?

I pretty much want a cheapish donor car so I can spend more money on the conversation via brakes, suspension blah blah blah. I like the idea of an EVO6 as the base but I guess a 5 would be just as good what do you all think?

I know a guy in the trade who can do all the work (no doubt for large ammounts of cash) and I'll need to sell the Caterham to fund the donor car purchase, so if anyone wants a lovely 1700SS de dion with flared wings in Yellow with all the trimmings then let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
have a look at an EVO 6 RS, if you can find one it should fit the bill perfectly, cheaper than a GSR too!

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thorney,

i am in same boat, letting my 340r mothball in the garage and primarily tracking an evo this year. I am changing my gsr for a 6 RS2. You could do the same (as an Xcateham owner i would advise you to get a non abs and amp; ayc car) but if you want cheap then maybe consider an evo5 rs (see movies that i posted earlier) or even a 4rs although they will both be harder to find. A secondhand evo6 rs2 can be had for sub 19k or you could even consider getting a straight rs that has no creature comforts at all and steel wheels and amp; crap brakes (which you would be changing in any case). You can have a new one of these for about 20k i think.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good ideas all round. My view would be to have a donor car with no extras, no driver aids whatsoever. Is the RS the model to go for? Do Mitsubishi do a shell type chassis for this type of conversion?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts