Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on the rollers this weekend and made 290 atw 1.6bar of boost and 325lbft torque, its an 8MR with an air filter, fuel pump, avcr and a map from Rich @RG.

What can i do on standard internals to get the torue and bhp up within safe limits - new turbo..?

:D

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
You can't go much beyond 300bhp &300ft/lb ATW on standard internals even on an MR. Your torque figure is already pretty impressive and I wouldn't want to go much higher than that without forging internals to be honest. Having said that the Yanks reckon they've gone quite a bit higher and not blown up so who knows? Are you willing to take the chance that it blows at 80mph & spews burning oil all over your windscreen - and you've lost your power steering & brakes? It's happened and it wasn't pretty from what I heard :(

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't go much beyond 300bhp &300ft/lb ATW on standard internals even on an MR. Your torque figure is already pretty impressive and I wouldn't want to go much higher than that without forging internals to be honest. Having said that the Yanks reckon they've gone quite a bit higher and not blown up so who knows? Are you willing to take the chance that it blows at 80mph & spews burning oil all over your windscreen - and you've lost your power steering & brakes? It's happened and it wasn't pretty from what I heard :(
I dont fancy someone mopping the oil and even me off the motoway if she goes pop! I'll have to save some pennies if i want to forge her, thanks for the heads up on power:smthumbup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts