Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Which one? I know he's had an SL55 AMG, has a Viper GTS (or is that a Ford GT?) on order, had an Aston Martin DB9 I think (could have been a DB7), and has probably gone through a Ferrari or 2 as well (360CS? Modena?). I don't think he keeps cars for more than a year or so, much like our beloved Mosi :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
yeah he drives a light green Sl55 and has the GT40 on order but seeing as Ford recalled them all don't know when he will be getting it

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
He lives in Chipping Norton (right near Banbury), and is often seen driving up the M40 into London.

He has a Volvo XC90 SUV thingy for the missis (before that he had a Toyota Landcruiser Amazon (the big 4.2 one).

Also a green Merc SL55, before this he had a Ferrari 355

His GT40 cant be far off being delivered now (SL55 will go)

He also has a Ford Focus as a runabout (no ****!)

·
Registered
557 Posts
from what i read a while back - the GT40's all got recalled and that they had to do further investigation and design work on the suspension. Not sure if it was due to a failure but to immediate time frame was given

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
The GT40's were recalled to have a suspension arm modification done.

They havent been sent back to the US

In fact Tom Hartley's has one for sale for £200k in his showroom up North.

I think a handful got into the country before the recall was done, and factory production stopped delivering them to customers whilst it got sorted.

Clarkson will prob be getting his anyday now.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
My next door neighbour got his GT40 on 05 1st of march - he could have had it before but was waiting for an 05 plate.

It's white with a blue stripe and .................beautiful !

He's promised me a run in it at the weekend :D - can't wait

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
The GT40 name only applies to the original cars. The new ones are simply Ford GTs (Ford had issues with not actually owning the name "GT40"). ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts