Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there could anyone explain the difference between a fq320 and a import mr310 ive just been speaking to miguel at newera and he says a mr310 is a fq320 badged for the UK is this true..
as i have been offered a mr310 for decent money...

But... as Gordan Lamb here in sheffield are doing the fq320.s at 25k in black or silver only im wondering if it would work out cheaper to get one of those.

What do u experts think..? advise much appreciated :D

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
FQ is the badge stuck on the EVOs that are officially imported. No import you get from Japan will have an FQ badge.

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Never heard of a MR310

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
Big Elliott said:
There is the GSR and the MR in Japan im sure of it...
Yeah but that's all. The whole "number" thing is just for the UK market. Buying from japan you'll get a standard VIII or an MR. If you are importing also weigh up additional costs when the car comes to the UK such as tyres, alarm, tracker etc.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ,,and yes there is a MR310 ,,it came out in 2004 some time..

Go to auto trader and put in lancer and key words fq320 and do the same for mr310 and there is more mr310.s than fq 320.s

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Big Elliott said:
There is the GSR and the MR in Japan im sure of it...
Thats true, however the 300/330 320/340 number is a UK thing as they start changing exhaust & air filters etc.

When you import the JDM MR you get the unaltered 280 bhp model.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Yes there is an MR in Japan , but it doesn not have the FQ xxx badging after it , this is a UK only upgrade. All JDM MR's are basically what in the UK would be 'MR FQ300' ie bog standard , no HKS Superdrager , no HKS filter and no HKS Hard pipe kit. As far as the GSR goes , I belive that is now discontinued in the VIII.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
Big Elliott said:

Go to auto trader and put in lancer and key words fq320 and do the same for mr310 and there is more mr310.s than fq 320.s
Go to autotrader or eBay and search for "twin turbo MR2" and you'll get a bag of results. Doesn't mean the car exists :) Autotrader is never the best at IDing cars.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Big Elliott said:

You've been given the wrong info I'm afraid , UK spec MRs are FQ300 , 320 , 340 and 400. Whether the 300 actually puts out closer to 310PS or not , it is still officially known as the MR FQ300.

HTH.

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Autotrader also mentions an RC320, thats a new one :D

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
BTW to answer your question , if the car you have been offered from Newera is a JDM MR (Japanese Domestic Market) then you ought to be comparing it with the price of a UK spec MR FQ300 , as it is basically the same car , albeit with different wheels and no 'Evolution VIII MR' big badge across the bootlid.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
I was going to import mine from NewEra and they reckoned between 19 and 20k OTR for an VIII. Went for a UK dealer instead cos I couldn't sell my car so trading in was just easier.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
boxclever said:
:mad: Big Elliot - is that true that Gordon Lamb are only able to supply those 2 colours? As I wanted a red one!! :mad:
If you don't mind the journey I know Reading has a red one.

·
12,904 Posts
As far as the 8 goes, importing one really isnt worth it. You can get a better deal over here. I've looked into it.

For instance car planet have a 04 MR'310' priced at 24k with 7000 miles. To get it through the sva it has a really small exhaust that looks like it doesnt fit and a gapping hole in the dash where its had some double stereo. Though apart from that it is spotless.

In contrast you can get A new 05 plate Fqmr320 for 26k new. Second hand pprices are coming down slowly with some peeps still wanting 28k for them. However, there are some good priced ones about.. albeit few and far between.

Also you can get a new evo 9 for under 26k. :eek:

I see prices for these motors coming down tbh, they have to with the 9 here..

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
Cryptwalk said:
For instance car planet have a 04 MR'310' priced at 24k with 7000 miles.
So cos Car Planet are overpriced it is not worth importing? :confused: NewEra reckoned 22k for an MR.

·
12,904 Posts
Aidy said:
So cos Car Planet are overpriced it is not worth importing? :confused: NewEra reckoned 22k for an MR.
Not exactly. Take a look about Aidy, theres an MR 340 on auto trader with 6000 miles £20995. I know which i'd rather buy..

Look at their prices on normal evo 8's, you can buy cheaper again over here..

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
Cryptwalk said:
Not exactly. Take a look about Aidy, theres an MR 340 on auto trader with 6000 miles £20995. I know which i'd rather buy..

Look at there prices on normal evo 8's, you can buy cheaper again over here..
Does it come in a choice of colour and level of modification?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts