Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really cant believe what I just saw on Best Motoring magazine! Apparently while Subaru is cutting prices of its rather overpriced WRX, releasing a specially race oriented N1 version and working to correct its ugly front end(on the 2002 model)....Mitsubishi is releasing a automatic Evo 7!! Can you believe this?? It even has softer suspension! Obvioulsy lost the plot:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Would the power be upgraded? I assume that an auto box would sap power? still.kick down would probably snap your neck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That good news for me as my mum has arthritus in her legs and so now needs an auto, will pass on the good news to her. It will mean htat many people who wanted a performance car but couldnt now can.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't forget mitsi are part owned by chrysler and the E7 is going to the USA .they don't have gear levers do they ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, an Evo would be wasted in the US as there's no corners. It would probably get used for drag racing and what's the point of that. Still an auto box would stop clutch wear problems. The VR4 is available with an auto so it may be based on this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For heaven sake, its a car. Don't get so emotional. Only get worried when it auto is the only or default option. I think it is a great idea for 2 reasons

1. There are some people who cannot drive a manual, such as a close friend who lost an arm to cancer. Why should he not enjoy the Evo experience

2. Anybody who could drive a manual and orders an auto is fair game to take the p**s out of and we always need more targets :D :D :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts