Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a :mitsi:ix fq 340 i was gona jus gona ecutek the car but now have decided to go for the Autronics to hopefully acheive around 400/400 but i was also lookin at a fp green turbo and was wondering:-

1, What horsepower std internals can handle?? (fairly safely)
2, What bar/psi std internals will take??
3, Has anyone a similar setup with the antronics and the fp green turbo on std internals and what way does it drive and horspower figures??

Help appreciated:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
My mate EcuTek'd his ix320 and got 440/420 on std internals. This i believe is the limit of whats acceptable. Oh and his car is QUICK!

If you wanted more you would need to use forged internals.

I believe with the right supporting mods (like cams etc) the FP Green will do upto 475bhp and similar torque. Supposed to drive very much like stock.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Hi mate,

Like Charlied says I think 420/420 mark has to be whats considered the 'safe' limit. I've been running mine at 420/440 (Its actually 440/458 if using 24% fudge factor :eek:) for about 8000 miles @ 1.8 bar and the car hasn't missed a beat. And thats including 3 trackdays, 4 trips to the pod and 14 runs at the 30-130 day, so she has received some abuse ;)

Saying that though, I have decided to get the engine forged as [email protected] has given me a stunning price which I couldn't turn down! Otherwise I would of kept running at that power, and boost. But I will get piece of mind with the rebuild and maybe run a tad more boost safely aswell :D

I think @ 420/420 the IX engine is quite capable when running 1.7 bar without having any reliability issues, if anything were to go wrong it would just be bad luck!

With FP green I would deffo go forged, or at least, just the rods, you would always be worrying of when the engine would let go!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for help:smthumbup

So do u think it would be possible to achieve approx 420/420 with:-

std e9 turbo
milltek 3ins exhaust & decat
hks suction kit
autronics ecu
225 fuel pump
arp bolts

:smthumbup

·
Registered
4,163 Posts

std e9 turbo
hks suction kit
autronics ecu
225 fuel pump
arp bolts

With uprated cams (GSC S1) and intercooler (APS/AMS) I would definately think so.

The above should definately see you in and around 400-420/400 but sometimes to gain that little extra cams and intercooler are needed. If you do trackdays and sprints than intercooler would be a must in my opinion! Why not get an Ecytek/Ecuflash done it will cost about £600 and save you about £900-£1000 on getting the Autronic and you can use that money for the cams and I/C??

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With uprated cams (GSC S1) and intercooler (APS/AMS) I would definately think so.

The above should definately see you in and around 400-420/400 but sometimes to gain that little extra cams and intercooler are needed. If you do trackdays and sprints than intercooler would be a must in my opinion! Why not get an Ecytek/Ecuflash done it will cost about £600 and save you about £900-£1000 on getting the Autronic and you can use that money for the cams and I/C??
Cheers for the advice deenohant:smthumbup
Would the ecutec get the same power gains as the Autronic with these mods???:smthumbup

·
Registered
14,954 Posts

std e9 turbo
hks suction kit
autronics ecu
225 fuel pump
arp bolts

By 225 fuel pump do you mean stock (which is about 225 l/ph) or Walbro, which is 255 l/ph?

If you mean stock then I think most people would recommend upgrading it even before the 400 bhp/Ftlbs mark for safety.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Where does this max hp / torque figure come from ?, has any member / tuner ran a Evogreen / GT30 etc with standard internals and had a failure or is it considered unsafe?.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By 225 fuel pump do you mean stock (which is about 225 l/ph) or Walbro, which is 255 l/ph?

If you mean stock then I think most people would recommend upgrading it even before the 400 bhp/Ftlbs mark for safety.
Sory meant 255:smthumbup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts