Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't get lost in the unknown land that is the continent, I'm planning on buying a GPS, I'd rather have a handheld that I can fit in the car (I guess I'll need to fit it to an external antenna when in the car), can anyone suggest a decent GPS that I should look at ?

Ta
Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Why not buy a Map of Europe instead?
Much cheaper and will leave you more money for performance mods.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or even better combine the two. Get a CAMP computer that will monitor all your engine parameters. It's a Windows based PC with a Risk 32 bit processor, has a car DVD screen, GPS Playstation and 3D Glasses compatible. You can also put Autoroute express or other software on there, 64Mb of RAM. Costs around GBP 500.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Know where I can buy it or get the specs of it? Having seen the screen shots I want to know more :D

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm I now think I've read the post wrong, is this an in car computer that runs windows and can therefore be connected to a GPS.....

I still want one, dammit searching and can't find any info anywhere :)

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's right, it's a PC used for engine monitoring that has all the nice PC features and is compatible with a lot of stuff and also GPS. Not sure how much the GPS extension is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no no no Simon, this is someone new, he will find this link for me ;)

Boy, never knew hangovers could be so bad, I'll go back to bed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not hiding, I guess everybody recognises me. It just reflects the frustration due to the AYC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts