Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I live in Norway and have a Evo5 gsr. The problem with this country is that I normally can't get licence plates on this car (because of missing TÜV papers etc). But what I can do is to send in an application and ask for licence plates because the car is motor historical. In the application I need to convince they that this car is rear, that it has a lot of motorsport history etc. Firstly I will use that it's only sold 50 Evo5 GSR to the mainland Euporpe. I think it was to Holland. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

But I need information about triumphs and victories with the E5. Of course I know about Tommi in WRC :) Please help me out :)

Regards

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
The only things I can find are WRC victories:

Argentina Rally 1998 1st place Tommi Makinen/Risto Mannisenmaki - Group A Evo V - 'R3 MRE' (Richard Burns/Robert Reid 4th place in same event with 'R33 MRE' again Grp A Evo V).

1000 Lakes Rally 1998 1st place Tommi/Risto - Grp A Evo V-'R66 MRE' (Burns/Reid 5th place in 'R4 MRE')

San Remo Rally 1998 , 1st place Tommi/Risto - Grp A Evo V - 'R8 MRE' (Burns/Reid only 7th in 'R2 MRE'

Australia 1998 1st place Tommi/Risto - Grp A Evo V - 'R3 MRE'

Lombard RAC Rally 1998 1st Place Tommi/Risto - Grp A Evo V - 'R4 MRE'

On the last 2 events listed , the Burns/Reid car did not finish , and by the time the 1999 rally season started , the team were using S registration Evo VI's in group A spec.

HTH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts