Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So we talk a lot about what we like or love about our Evo's, but what do we not like about our Evo's? :D Not trying to be negative, just a bit of fun :smthumbup

I don't like the fact that I feel the need to clean it every time it gets dirty, it becomes such a chore but my OCD won't let me leave it dirty especially if I've only just washed it and I get caught out in a shower that day, I then have to rinse it down again :crackup:

I also hate the fact that it tries to kill me every time i drive it

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
Glad it's not just me then :lol: I've seen a lot on here that have stripped and re-done the underneath and I take my hat off to them :smthumbup I'm a bit OCD too but it's because I could not afford to do a restoration so for me not letting it get to that state is paramount. I love owning them and use it when it's dry and salt free and that suits me just fine :smthumbup :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
So we talk a lot about what we like or love about our Evo's, but what do we not like about our Evo's? :D Not trying to be negative, just a bit of fun :smthumbup
I don't like the fact that I feel the need to clean it every time it gets dirty, it becomes such a chore but my OCD won't let me leave it dirty especially if I've only just washed it and I get caught out in a shower that day, I then have to rinse it down again :crackup:
I am the same every time I take the car out, I have to clean her, I just cannot leave it even slightly dirty, I too have OCD regarding my Evo. Its great to stand back after you have cleaned the car and admire your labour of love.

·
acting daft since 1969
19,579 Posts
i dont drive mine on the road but when i had one as a road car i found that i got sick to death of EVERYTHING wanting a race

before i sold the last car i had 4 chavs in a golf try it ,even my little girl who was 8 said look daddy they want a race ,are they stupid ,because this cars mental

while i love the tyres of my car ,there no chance id own one as a road car

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,846 Posts
Getting called a Silver 'Subaru/Scooby' by non-car people who think they are car people. Getting told I am mental by boring people who think they are interesting people because they own what everyone else does and then getting told because it's an ancient car compared to theirs I must be a lot slower than their car and that I must have lost some BHP as it's old and Top Gear proved that...
...oh shall I go on. :naughty:

(oh and lack of punctuation on forums lol)

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Getting called a Silver 'Subaru/Scooby' by non-car people who think they are car people. Getting told I am mental by boring people who think they are interesting people because they own what everyone else does and then getting told because it's an ancient car compared to theirs I must be a lot slower than their car and that I must have lost some BHP as it's old and Top Gear proved that...

(oh and lack of punctuation on forums lol)
+1 on that lol mine has gained power with age lol
Also I hate the dreaded rust and not having a garage:wallbang::lol:

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dont drive mine on the road but when i had one as a road car i found that i got sick to death of EVERYTHING wanting a race

That really gets me too mate, it seems like every time I look in the mirror there is another stupid person in a stupid car right up my behind :smthumbdo

AAARGH getting mistaken for a Subaru does hurt!! One of the neighbours came to our house a few months ago and as she walked up the drive I heard her say to her boy 'Oh look, Charlie's dad owns a Scooby' :eek: I was just about to smash my head against a wall and then she corrected herself and said 'oh actually it's an Evo like your uncle Ian used to have' I let her live.....

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Two things -

1) Running costs
2) I don't really enjoy using it on the road, the limits are too high and you're instantly breaking pretty much any speed limit if you have any kind of fun. I got my first ever speeding fine in 12 years of driving in this car and could almost have gotten a small ban. Daren't use the bloody thing outside of a track now!

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
The fact that they are always unfinished projects. New parts always becoming available in the marketplace to tempt me. The general overall running costs, hence mine has not moved from the garage in over 2 years.

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
5,271 Posts
Mmmmmm..... As above the constant view in my rear view mirror of someone sitting so close to my bumper that I can't even see their number plate :thumbdown..... Really annoys me, especially in traffic when I know if I have to break sharply they stand no hope of stopping in time before hitting me up the bum :goingmad:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts