Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive owned one and even though i dont want to sell, I said it would be for a year then move on to the next car. Ive done it with too many cars, keeping them and putting endless amounts of money into them. Ive got a few cars i want to own before i start to settle down ;)

The cars on the top of my list at the moment are:

Caterham Superlight
Westfield Megabusa
Z-Cars Hayabusa Mini :crackup:
Standard Cosworth
RS 500

So as i cant make my mind up what are the pro's and cons's of the cars above? Have any of you driven any of them?

I am in 2 minds, I either buy something for pure performance regardless of how practicle it is i.e the z cars mini/mageabusa or go for something with looks and power and thats the rs 500 (if i can find a good one) if no standard cossie

The car wont be used every day as its just for weekends like the evo. I think its going to be really difficult following the evo, but feel as though i would like to own a few more cars before i hit 30 ;)

Only thing is that the next car has to be in the same price range as my e6 GSR, as i cant free any more money up to spend on a car.

Any suggestions or help would be gratefully recieved.

Karl

(Will probably end up keeping the evo though) :crackup:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did contemplate getting a TMak Aidy, but as i say want something different for awhile. Plan is to end up with a red TMak, if not buy my current evo back from the next owner :crackup: think i will be hard pushed to find one as good. It took me 4 months!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Im thinking about an Porche Cayenne...
Not for beating the power and happines the Evo gave me!
But more because I need a larger car and still want some power to use!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
realise price included in question but for me one way only
ford lightning and serious mods
if budget HAD to be adhered to chevey 454 pick up

·
Registered
24,444 Posts
Karl Rowntree said:
Did contemplate getting a TMak Aidy, but as i say want something different for awhile. Plan is to end up with a red TMak, if not buy my current evo back from the next owner :crackup: think i will be hard pushed to find one as good. It took me 4 months!
took us 4 months to decide but with 8,000 milies and never been out in the wet ... i just had to :D

·
Registered
819 Posts
an ariel atom?? (the supercharged type r one)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Thinking Noble, TVR Sagaris, or 911GT3 myself, but not until next year after Ive brought a house. I do intend to keep the evo as well tho :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ariel Atom, you have got me thinking now! Did really want something with a roof ideally but i could wear a hat lol.

Will have a look into what i could afford.

Thanks. Karl

Anyone had a Caterham Superlight? This is probably at the top of the list at the moment.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats my only worry, as i need to be able to drive what ever i buy down to monaco next year! :cool:

Oh well 2 pairs of socks it is.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I've had a Westfield - same power plants , slightly less stiff chassis but 1/3 the price!

Don't let the "roof" fool you it makes for a noisy and horrible drive and won't keep you that dry either! :rolleyes:

But I'd still have another, and would be the only real reason to put a towbar on the Evo - although would cause a huge dilema at each track day :D

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I bought an R33 GTR :)

However i'm greedy, I still have my Evo as well!

After that comes the Porsche..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts