Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
an evo VI be with hks exhaust rough figures obviously!!

what are the things to do to get it over 300bhp mark within a budget

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bit of a novice mate so sorry for naff questions!
if i decat it would i need it remapping?
boost tweak??

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
keets said:
bit of a novice mate so sorry for naff questions!
if i decat it would i need it remapping?
boost tweak??
i had a mak 276bhp.

with a few mods i go over 350bhp pal.

decat boost tweek (turn it up a bit to say 1.4 bar) and a filter should see you over 300 horses.

jason

better still is a e.v.c so you can play with the boost ;)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if only it was that simple my nan would be minted :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
More ponies.

Hi mate
just been reading your thread,I bought an Evo6 last year,& the same as you I wanted a little bit more!

Anyway this is what I done,first I put different brake lines on(cheap) & also different pads,I went with the ferodo option,these are a little expensive but these two simple things make the brakes work & feel better.I found the car got to higher speeds on my favourite bits of road,so you need to stop a little better.Some guys go for the AP combination,but you'll have to pawn the silver,I would love to but the wife & kids tend to disagree.

First you really need to change the fuel pump & also add the conrod bolts,some people might argue when & what bhp to add these mods,but I would say its better to be safe then sorry.Also add some decent plugs.

Everybody has opinion on how to get the extra bhp,you can raise the boost slightly with a boost controler,or have your ecu remapped,or go out & get a state of the art ecu motec,autotronic,gems are some of the leading names.

First you have to ask yourself how far do you want to go,and think as far into the future as you can (if that is possible!)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers mate looking at getting it to 300bhp and then in the future no more than 350bhp!

fuel pump and conrod bolts how much is that going to hurt the pocket?

·
Registered
77 Posts
£££££££££££

The cheapest place I've seen the fuel pump is on Ebay,less then a hundred quid,the conrod bolts I dont know of the top of my head.The only problem with these two things are that they are time consuming to fit,& as they say time is money.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
You don't need rod bolts for 300 BHP, even the most conservative among us would not bother with them at that low a power hike.

And as Duran said earlier, (turn it up to 1.4 bar), Don't :) Standard 6 will fuel cut at approx 1.3 :)

Filter, Decat and exhaust should push you over 300 BHP with no troubles. You should then be able to tweak the boost to 1.2 bar with a cheap device like a Dawes and be running ~325

All that should cost you £800 absolutely maximum.

When you move on from there, that is when it becomes expensive :)

·
Premium Member
Jesus built my car
38,797 Posts
keets said:
an evo VI be with hks exhaust rough figures obviously!!

what are the things to do to get it over 300bhp mark within a budget
Don't have an HKS exhaust, but I have a full Magnex system including de-cat and at G-Force mine made 249 BHP at the wheels. If you assume 24% transmission loss (*) then that's 328 BHP at the flywheel.

* - I really don't want to hear it, so if you're gonna, just don't post

1 - 14 of 14 Posts