Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject says it all :) My car has finally made it to the garage in the UK to be SVAd and it needs new rubber all round so I need to order some from the likes of Elite and get them sent to the garage...thing is I don't actually know what the stock sizes are :*O I think I'll for for PZeros.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
225/45/ZR17 Originally supplied Potenza SO1's (Bridgestone). Make sure they inflate to the correct pressure's, there should be a little sticker near the divers seat on the metal (don't know the techie term for it:(). If not do a search as tyre pressure was discussed a while back, in the end it cam e down to personal choice from the manufacturer's spec.:)

Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To get through SVA, you need to make sure the tyres have a speed rating compatible with the performance of the car, the imported Greys with Jap Spec S0 1s wernt speed rated, so caused nightmares.
Have you had the other mods done, fuel filler, fog, speedo etc?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all that info. The garage handling the car does all the required SVA and Jap- and amp;gt;UK conversion stuff like fogs, KPH- and amp;gt;MPH, de-limit etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the pZeros and amp; they are still slippy as #### after a few hundred miles.225/45/17
Be very careful for a while if you get them.
Glad you finally have had your car arrive.
Let me know if you need any help or get any problems with the SVA etc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that JapRacer. The garage is about 120 miles away from me so it'll have at least that on it when I get it home. Then it'll spend a day getting all secured up. I'm used to scrubbing tyres in with my MR2 anyway. It was either the Pzeros or the F1s I guess. I have S03s at the moment but you EVO guys don't seem to rate them that much. *shrug*

RE the sva, the car is bought and I've paid the OTR price so they foot any extra costs that might come up RE the SVA. That's why it is in their interests to get you a good car or get you no car at all.

It will probably be about 3 weeks before I get it though due to various reasons. I'm just looking forward to get it on a track ASAP!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And then you can find out what that thing on the back is or did you find out already? I think the best that was come up with was a fancy light?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I liked the SO3's personally but someone recommended the Pzero's and amp; I managed to get them for 95 quid ish each. I was told by the garage that I should not change just the front or the just the rear tyres because it could cause diff trouble over time? Anyway they said that the tyres on our cars should not be puncture repaired and amp; should always be changed as a set so I took out the 2 years insurance cover for 8 quid a tyre which means as long as I have over 1.6mm of tread, if I get a puncture they have to change the whole set!
Taking a hell of a time to scrub in though, I floored it yesterday and amp; it fishtailed like a bitch:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts